A speech is used to convey information orally to a number of people. The purpose of a speech is:
- to convince the listeners about the speaker’s point of view
- to pass on a wide range of information
- to express an opinion, share a point of view, experience, observation, etc.
Basic English Grammar rules can be tricky. In this article, we’ll get you started with the basics of sentence structure, punctuation, parts of speech, and more.
We also providing Extra Questions for Class 9 English Chapter wise.
Speech Writing for Class 9 Format, Examples, Topics, Exercises PDF
A speech is a formal talk delivered to an audience.
1. Opening paragraph – quotation/opening statement
- your views
2. What you feel about the topic .
3. What others feel and what you have to say
4. Summing up:
- your ideas must be clear
- use language that is easily understood
- persuasive tone – don’t you agree …/Isn’t it?
- speak of issues that concern the listener
- use anecdotes, questions, humour
- be brief
Speech Writing Solved Exercises Examples Class 9 CBSE
You are the Secretary of the Youth Club of your school.
Your city was hit by a cyclone. You want the students, teachers, NGOs and the government to arrange all possible help in terms of money, materials such as clothes, food, medicines and also shelter for the victims. Write a speech in about 200 words to be delivered at a public function on behalf of your school.
Speech Writing Practice Exercises Examples Class 9 CBSE
1. You are Nancy/Nayan. You have been chosen to represent your school in the All India Inter-school Speech Competition organized by the Rotary Club, Indore.
The topic for the speech is: Role of Students in Nation Building. Using the hints given below and your own ideas write the speech. Do not exceed 120 words.
|future of the nation||power and energy-dynamic||youth required to carry out developmental activities|
|carry the message of science and technology to all parts||need to be open-minded|
|fight corruption||embrace diversity||rise to the occasion|
2. More and more schools are sending their students on adventure trips and camps where children learn to live close to nature and try their hand at rock-climbing, white-water rafting, bungee jumping, paragliding and other adventure sports. You have been on one such trip and decide to deliver a speech in the school assembly to motivate other children to participate in such activities. Write the speech in not more than 120 words.