Email, which is short for electronic mail, is a convenient method of composing, sending, storing, and receiving messages over electronic communication systems. It is the quickest way to send a letter.
Basic English Grammar rules can be tricky. In this article, we’ll get you started with the basics of sentence structure, punctuation, parts of speech, and more.
We also providing Extra Questions for Class 9 English Chapter wise.
Email Writing Class 9 Format, Examples, Topics, Exercises PDF
An email, short for electronic mail, is a store and forward method of composing, sending, storing, and receiving messages over electronic communication systems. It is the quickest way to communicate in writing.
Email messages consist of two major sections:
- A header consisting of – subject, sender, receiver, date and time. The date and time are fed into the computer and need not be entered.
- A body that contains the message. It can be a formal/informal letter depending on the purpose for which it is written.
Keep the following tips in mind while composing emails:
- It should be brief.
- It should give a clue to the content of the message.
- It need not be a complete sentence.
Dear Sir/first name of the person Opening statement
- Begin with a pleasantry or greeting.
- When replying to a message write – Thank you for your message/I received your message.
- Each main idea should be in a separate paragraph, making it easy for the reader to understand the message.
- Use complete sentences (no SMS language).
Email Writing Sample Email Examples for Class 9 CBSE
You are an employee of a big multinational company called XYZ Pvt. Ltd. All the employees are required to write an email to their supervising manager when they have to go on a leave. Write an email to your manager, Ms Jindal requesting leave for two days because you are down with the flu.
|Date: Friday, 23 March 20xx 09:30|
|From: JJ. Krish@xyz.com|
|Subject: Request for leave|
|Dear Ms Jindal,
I am writing this letter to inform you that I will not be able to come for work for the next two days i.e., 24th and 25th March. I have caught the flu and the doctor has advised me to take complete bed rest for the next two days. I have completed most of my assigned work. If there is any work that is important and urgent, please contact me on my home number. Thank you for your consideration.Yours sincerely,
Email Writing Practice Email Examples for Class 9 CBSE
1 You are Pankaj/Priyanka, living in the students’ hostel of Cambridge Mission School, Mumbai. Write an email to your brother, telling him of an interesting weekend you spent at your friend’s house.
2. You are Tarun/Taruna, living at C-4, Janakpuri, New Delhi. You ordered one dozen electronic toys, out of which some have been damaged during postal delivery. Write an email to the manager of M/S Toyland and Co., requesting him to replace the damaged toys immediately. Do not exceed 120 words.
3. You are James/Sania, who has just passed out of class XII, Humanities stream with 83 percent marks. You are not clear about the available options and courses in colleges. You have come across an advertisement on career counseling by an eminent educationist. Write an email to her, asking her for more details about vocational courses offered by the university in your town. Do not exceed 120 words.