A message is a short, informal piece of writing conveying information received over the telephone, public address system or in person, to a person for whom the information was intended but who was not at hand to receive the information.
In other words, it is a piece of information given by a third person to be passed on to a particular person. Messages must be brief, yet have all the information. It is usually a telephonic message that has to be reported/passed on to someone.
Basic English Grammar rules can be tricky. In this article, we’ll get you started with the basics of sentence structure, punctuation, parts of speech, and more.
We also providing Extra Questions for Class 9 English Chapter wise.
Message Writing for Class 9 Format, Examples, Topics, Exercises PDF
Sometimes, information is received over the telephone, public address system or in person. A message is a short, informal piece of writing conveying the information to a person for whom the information was intended but who was not at hand to receive the information.
Message Writing Sample Message for Class 9 CBSE
Read the following telephone conversation that took place between the salesman of an electrical appliances shop and an unsatisfied customer. The manager is away from the shop. The salesman leaves a message for him. Write the message using not more than 50 words.
Customer: Hello! Is this Taj Electrical Appliances?
Salesman: Yes, Madam. What can I do for you?
Customer: I’ve got a problem with the hairdryer that I bought last week.
Salesman: I’m sorry to hear that. What is the problem?
Customer: Well, first of all, I ordered it two months ago but I received it only last week. Secondly, I find it useless.
Salesman: Does it work?
Customer: It doesn’t dry my hair. When I switch it on, it just goes ‘buzzzzz’ but it does not get hot at all.
Salesman: Madam, I apologize. We’ll be happy to replace the dryer for you. Or we’ll give you a refund instead.
Customer: Oh, great! I’d like a refund then.
22 March, 20xx
She requested for a refund.
Message Writing Practice Message for Class 9 CBSE
1. Read the telephone conversation between Bhavya and Karan. As Karan has to leave for his school, he will not be able to meet his father. He leaves a message for him. Complete the following message in not more than 50 words.
- Bhavya: Hello! Is that Mr Sakhuja’s residence?
- Karan: Yes.
- Bhavya: May I speak to Mr Sakhuja? I am Bhavya Sharma, son of his colleague, Mr Ram Nath Sharma.
- Karan: Papa is not at home. He’s gone for his morning walk. Is there a message that I can take for him?
- Bhavya: My father had to leave for Dehradun all of a sudden as my grandfather is admitted in the hospital. So he won’t be able to attend the office for a week. Kindly tell your father to submit his leave application at the office.
- Karan: Don’t worry, I’ll leave a message. Is there anything else?
- Bhavya: Yes! Please inform your father that he should attend the meeting of the Board of Directors today instead of Dad.
- Karan: All right.
- Bhavya: Thanks. Bye.
- Karan: Bye.
2. Ramesh is leaving Delhi for Chennai to join his college after the summer break. After hearing the announcement given below he sends a message to his mother with his driver. As Ramesh, write the message in not more than 50 words. Put the message in a box.
This is an important announcement for all passengers leaving by IC 265 to Chennai. We regret that the plane will not leave as scheduled at 5 p.m. due to a technical fault in the landing system. All passengers are requested to move to the lounge for some refreshments arranged for them. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused. We will announce the new schedule for departure as soon as we receive information from the engineer.
3. Below is a telephone message noted down by you for your younger brother. Later, you write a detailed message for him. Refer to your notes and write down the complete message in not more than 50 words. Put the message in a box.
|Rajeevan’s phone – reaching Gwalior from Nagpur – 18 April – GT Express – receive at station – arrange trip to Shivpuri National Park – visiting relative at Gwalior – returning Nagpur on 7 May – reserve ticket AC chair car Shatabdi Express.|