Letter writing is an essential skill. Despite the prevalence of emails and text messages, everyone has to write letters at some point. Letters of complaint, job applications, thank you letters, letters requesting changes or – making suggestions – the list goes on and on. Encouraging children to write letters from an early age will improve their communication, social and handwriting skills, and teach them what they need to know about writing and structuring letters.
Basic English Grammar rules can be tricky. In this article, we’ll get you started with the basics of sentence structure, punctuation, parts of speech, and more.
We have also provided Deep Water Extra Questions and Answers Class 12 English Flamingo
Letter of Complaint Class 12 CBSE Format, Topics, Examples, Samples PDF
Children are expected to learn how to write letters, notes and messages. They have to be aware of different styles of writing, the use of formal and informal letters, and to select style and vocabulary appropriate to the intended reader.
Letter of Complaint Sample Example for Class 12 CBSE
Veena Sahni is the secretary of Army Apartments, C.G. Road, Sagar. The complex subscribes to New Cable Services, M.G. Road, Sagar. The proprietor Mr Singh has increased the monthly subscription but he has done nothing to improve the quality of transmission. The sound is low and unclear, the colors blurred, and the selection of channels limited as compared to other cable services. She writes a letter complaining about the same.
Letter of Complaint Practice Example for Class 12 CBSE
25/4 Indrapasta Apts.
Delhi – 1100xx
January 13, 20XX
New Aquaguard Services
Delhi – xxxxxx
Subject: Poor service by NAS
I am writing today to complain about the poor service I received from your company on January 12, 20XX. I was visited by a representative of New Aquaguard Services (NAS), Mr Mahesh, at my home. Mr Mahesh was four hours late for his appointment and offered nothing but apology, when he arrived at noon.
The water was not getting purified properly and we were told that there was a problem Vith the cartridge. Your representative threw away all the water contained in the aquaguard, without even asking or telling us anything about it. Since the direct supply ‘ of water to our house is infrequent, we were left with no drinking water.
To add to this, your representative went off saying that he had to get a new cartridge from the market and did not return till the next morning. In fact, he did not even bother to inform us on his own and responded only after being repeatedly called for two hours, finally informing us that he was busy and would be able to come only the next day. This is after he had left the aquaguard open with all its parts scattered in the kitchen and the dirt all around. He created a complete mess in the house in the 25 minutes that he was present without actually accomplishing anything.
I am most annoyed that I wasted a morning (and half a day’s vacation) waiting for Mr Mahesh to show up. My impression of NAS has been tarnished, and I am now concerned about why I suggested your firm to my friends and neighbours. Furthermore, Mr Mahesh’s ability to create so much mess in fixing an aquaguard is making me question whether I should ever engage the services of your firm.
I trust this is not the way NAS wishes to conduct business with its valued customers I have been with you since the company was founded and have never encountered such treatment before. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss matters further and to learn of how you propose to prevent a similar situation from recurring. I look forward to hearing from you.
2. Kumar Shanu of Bareilly has purchased a frost-free refrigerator of 265 litres from Life Style, Civil Lines, Bareilly. After a month of purchase, the freezing section of the refrigerator has stopped functioning. Write a letter to the Sales Manager of the firm complaining about it and requesting for the piece to be replaced, since there is a two-year warranty. (150 words)
3. You are Anand/Akshata of Kolkata. You have bought a washing machine from M/s Electronics India, Lake Area, Kolkata. After installation, it washed well for two months. But suddenly the spin dry system of the machine stopped functioning properly and the clothes are dripping wet even after the spin dry function is completed. Write a letter to Electronics India, giving them the guarantee card number and other details regarding your complaint, asking them to attend to it/ replace it.
4. Write a letter to the Manager, Lucky Garments, Chennai complaining about the delay in supply of school uniforms. Highlight the inconvenience caused due to it and seek an immediate supply. You are Aanya/Arav, Store Incharge, Shepherd High School, Nagercoil.
5. Write a letter to the Commissioner of Chennai Municipal Corporation, complaining about the poor sanitary conditions and mosquito menace in your locality.
6. Write a letter to the Police Commissioner (Traffic) about the inadequate parking facilities in the Commercial Street area of Bangalore, which is causing a lot of inconvenience to the people. You may also offer your suggestions for solving it. You are Rakesh/Radhika, No. 12, Jayanagar, Bangalore.
1. You are Lalith/Laxmi of Jai Narain Public School, Jhansi. You have been selected by your state to represent your state at the National Athletics Meet. Write a letter to your Principal requesting him/ her to grant you permission to attend the school one hour late for a fortnight as you have to attend the athletics coaching.
2. You are Lobyang/Reena living in the students’ hostel of A.P.M. Public School, Baghdogra. Your friend’s brother is getting married and you have been invited to the wedding. Write an application to the Warden of your hostel asking him/her to grant you permission to stay with your friend for two days.