These DAV Class 3 SST Book Solutions and DAV Class 3 SST Chapter 8 Question Answer – Let Us Enjoy! are thoughtfully prepared by experienced teachers.
DAV Class 3 SST Chapter 8 Question Answer – Let Us Enjoy!
DAV Class 3 SST Ch 8 Question Answer – Let Us Enjoy!
Something To Know
A. Tick (✓) the correct option:
The hobby that can become a full-time occupation is –
(a) Listening music
(c) Watching T.V.
Which activity is not popular among health-conscious people?
The most popular period in school is –
(b) Art & craft
Which one is an outdoor game?
(c) Carrom board
B. Fill in the blanks:
Help Boxoccupations, energy, models, activities, children
1. Many go to the swings and eat their tiffin.
2. Old people must follow some leisure time
3. The mind and body is filled with a new for the work ahead.
4. Many leisure time activities may become full time
5. Children enjoy building
C. Write two words with each letter:
L Lovely – Light
E Engineer – Enjoy
I Important – Ice-cream
S Sports – School
U Unlock – Underway
E Exchange – Everyone
D. Answer the following questions:
Name five games that the children like to play in the school.
Cricket, badminton, football, basketball and volleyball.
What are the benefits of leisure time activities?
- Leisure time activities fill mind and body with a new energy for the work ahead.
- We feel relaxed.
- Our tension and tiredness goes away.
List the leisure time activities can be followed inside a home.
- Playing chess or carom.
- Listening to music.
- Watching television.
- Writing poems or songs.
Why is it important for grown-ups to have different hobbies?
By having different hobbies grown-ups keep themselves busy and thus feel that they are useful members of family/ society.
List five activities that the old people in your family follow to keep themselves fit and active.
Five activities that the old people in my family follow are –
- Watching television
- Listening to bhajans
- Morning and evening walk
- Reading newspapers and books
Name your favourite hobby. Why do you like it?
My favourite hobby is gardening. I like it because it gives me an opportunity every day to spend some time in the lap of nature.
Look at the football game in progress. Mention three values that players develop when they play as a team.
Three values that players develop when they play as a team –
- collective feeling
Something To Do
Answer the following questions:
(a) What is your favourite game/sport?
My favourite game/sport is badminton.
(b) What are the benefits of the game/ sport?
- Game/sport fills our mind and body with a new energy for the work ahead.
- It cultivates in us the value of sportsmanship.
- It disciplines our life.
- It relaxes us and we feel tension free.
- We learn to cooperate with others. We also learn how to keep calm in the moments of victory and defeat.
(c) Name your favourite story. Who is your favourite character in it?
Do it yourself.
(d) Why do you like this character?
Do it yourself.
(e) Name the newspaper that your parents read. What portion do you like in it?
The Hindustan Times. I like the portion of sports.
What type of music do you like?
I like classical music.
Books are windows to the world. List three things that you learn by reading books.
(a) To have patience.
(b) To help the needy
(c) To be punctual.
Look at the given diagram. Some hobbies are mentioned here. Write your favourite hobbies in the space given.
Spend time with the old members of your family. Involve them in your activities to make them feel useful and wanted by the family.
Do it yourself.
You can leam some skills from your grandparents like stitching buttons, stories. Fill in the space given some skills that you learnt from the senior members of your family.
DAV Class 3 Social Studies Chapter 8 Question Answer – Let Us Enjoy!
I. Multiple Choice Questions (Mcqs)
People who are health conscious do
(d) all of the above
(d) all of the above
Women love to exchange
(c) greeting cards
(d) none of the above
A child who is fond of building models may become a/an
II. Fill In The Blanks
1. Leisure time is important not only for children but also for ……………
2. Some ……………. love to knit or embroider together.
3. It is important that people keep themselves …………….
4. A child who loves to write may become a writer or a …………….
5. The ……………. is the favourite time of the children.
4. news reporter
5. lunch break
1. Children get tired after their game time is over.
2. Gossiping with children and friends is also a hobby.
3. Grown-up people do not need any leisure time.
4. We visit our relations during holidays.
5. Writing poems is not a hobby.
IV. Match The Following:
|Column A||Column B|
|1. Indoor games||(i) played in open space|
|2. Suraj Manchanda||(ii) played inside the building|
|3. Listening music||(iii) Retd, bank manager|
|4. Outdoor games||(iv) hobby|
|Column A||Column B|
|1. Indoor games||(ii) played inside the building|
|2. Suraj Manchanda||(iii) Retd, bank manager|
|3. Listening music||(iv) hobby|
|4. Outdoor games||(i) played in open space|
V. Name The Following
1. The game that is played in open space …………….
2. The game that is played inside the building …………….
3. The place where children go to play in the evening …………….
4. One who is fond of building models …………….
1. Outdoor game
2. Indoor game
3. Sports complex or park
VI. Jumbled Words
1. kebastblal …………….
2. sches …………….
3. lesuire …………….
4. dengarngi …………….
5. bhjana …………….
6. ainpting …………….
7. nluch …………….
8. mhoewrok …………….
9. repecise …………….
10. gssoipngi …………….
VII. Cross The Odd One
1. walking; useful; cycling; dancing …………….
2. cricket; lunch; badminton; basketball …………….
3. sport; writer; engineering; reporter …………….
VIII. Short Answer Type Questions
How is a lunch break in the school special time for the children?
As soon as the bell rings for the lunch break in the school, the children run to the playground with their lunch. They quickly finish it and start playing their favourite game. Some children go to the swings and enjoy swinging. Thus lunch break is a very special time for the school children because it gives them the opportunity to do work at their will.
“When the children grew up, many leisure time activities became their full time occupation.” Explain with examples.
- A child who loves to write may become a writer or a news reporter.
- A child who is fond of building models may become an engineer.
- A child who is fond of a particular sport such as football or cricket may become a footballer or a cricketer.
IX. Long Answer Type Questions
What are the various activities that children enjoy in their leisure time?
Leisure time is the favourite time of the children. They enjoy this time in various ways:
- Many children go to the sports complex or the park to play with their friends.
- Some children set up a scramble or carom-board in the veranda and play.
- Some children also enjoy building models of aircrafts, cars or making paintings.
- There are many children who write poems or sing songs in their free time.
What are the various activities that grown-ups enjoy in their leisure time?
Grown-up people also need leisure time. They pass their leisure time in several ways:
- Many grown-up people go to play basketball, volleyball, cricket, chess, cards and attend music programmes with their family and friends.
- Some women knit or embroider together. They love to exchange recipes.
- Some people read books or enjoy watching movies.
- Some people do yoga, exercises and cycling. They also love to go to the gymnasium.
DAV Class 3 SST Chapter 8 Notes – Let Us Enjoy!
- Lunch break in school is the favourite time of the children. Everyone relaxes and gets ready for the work ahead.
- At home, children enjoy playing in the evening after finishing their homework. They play various games. There are many children who spend their leisure time in writing poems or singing songs.
- These leisure time activities become their full time occupation when they grow up.
- Not only children but grown-ups too need leisure time. They also want to play games like basketball, volleyball, cricket, badminton, etc.
- Women like to knit or embroider together in their leisure time. They also love to exchange recipes.
- Grown-ups also spend their leisure time in reading newspapers, books, household jobs, watching television, etc.
- Leisure: Time that is spent doing what you enjoy when you are not working or studying.
- Grown-ups: Adult persons.
- Gymnasium: A room or hall with equipment for doing physical exercise.