These We and Our World Class 3 DAV Solutions and DAV Class 3 SST Chapter 10 Question Answer – Beautiful Homes are thoughtfully prepared by experienced teachers.
DAV Class 3 SST Chapter 10 Question Answer – Beautiful Homes
DAV Class 3 SST Ch 10 Question Answer – Beautiful Homes
Something To Know
A. Tick (✓) the correct option:
The natural light that is important for a house is –
The waste material should not be thrown in –
(b) Garbage bin
(c) Recycle bin
Sell the old non-reusable things to a –
(c) Scrap dealer
(c) Scrap dealer
The important thing to be done before and after feeding an animal is –
(a) Washing hands
(b) Shaking hands
(c) Stretching hands
(a) Washing hands
B. Fill in the blanks:
throw, diseases, windows/doors, recycle, house
1. The size of a …………….. does not matter.
2. The …………… should have wire mesh to keep mosquitoes away.
3. Many …………….. of birds can be passed on to human beings.
4. We should not …………….. waste material on the road.
5. We should …………….. paper, glass, clothes, etc.
C. Match the following
|1. Wiping floors||(a) coop|
|2. Walls||(b) curtains|
|3. Doctors treating||(c) paint animal|
|4. Doors and windows||(d) veterinary doctor|
|5. Hen||(e) mop|
|1. Wiping floors||(e) mop|
|2. Walls||(c) paint animal|
|3. Doctors treating||(d) veterinary doctor|
|4. Doors and windows||(b) curtains|
|5. Hen||(a) coop|
D. Answer the following questions:
How do you keep your house clean?
We can keep our house clean in the following ways:
- We should sweep our house every day and wipe the floors with a wet cloth.
- We should dust the furniture and other things everyday.
- The drains should be covered and cleaned from time to time.
- We should not throw waste material in the drains to avert brockage.
Who is responsible for garbage removal in your area?
The Municipality is responsible for garbage removal in my area.
Mention three places that can become breeding grounds of mosquitoes.
- Broken pots
- Coolers with stagnant water.
Explain briefly the three R’s of garbage disposal.
The three R’s of garbage disposal are –
- Reduce: The waste material.
- Reuse: The things like jars and bottles.
- Recycle: Paper, glass, clothes, etc.
Which four important points must be kept in mind if you want to keep a pet?
If you want to keep a pet, you must
- love it
- keep it clean
- have a separate place for it
- take it to the doctor regularly and feed it properly.
You have many responsibilities towards parents, home, school and neighborhood.
Write your responsibility under the following situations –
(a) Home-When you get up in the morning.
(b) Parents-When you come back from school.
(c) School-When you see somebody scribbling on a wall.
(d) Neighbourhood-When you see somebody throwing garbage on the street.
(a) We should immediately go to toilet, brush our teeth and then get ready for school.
(b) We should change clothes, wash hands and mouth and eat.
(c) We should stop him/her from doing so. If he/she continues to do the same, we should tell the teacher.
(d) We should stop him/her from throwing the garbage.
You know how Raghav cares for his pet. What will you do if you see –
(a) an injured bird?
(b) children throwing stones at a stray cat?
(a) I will take it home and provide first aid and keep it safely until it is able to fly.
(b) I will not let any children to do so.
Something To Do
Name the things that you use to keep your house clean. Do they keep your house germ, fly and mosquito proof? Find out if they are environmentally friendly.
Vacuum cleaner, collins, lizol, harpic, mop, wiper, etc. These agents help to keep my house germ, fly and mosquito free.
You can make your own weapon to protect your home from cockroaches. Mix equal amount of boric powder, castor sugar (ground sugar) and refined flour (Maida). Add a little water and knead like the chappati dough. Make tiny balls and leave them on small pieces of paper or small dishes in kitchen or other places. The cockroaches will disappear within no time.
Do yourself under the guidance of your mother or father.
Bring your pet to the class with the medical card of the veterinary doctor. Tell other children about the pleasure your pet gives you and how to maintain hygiene of your pet.
Do it yourself.
Fill the crossword puzzle with the help of given clues:
(a) Common house in villages.
(b) A big house in city.
(c) A multi-storeyed building where many families live.
(d) Big village house.
DAV Class 3 Social Studies Chapter 10 Question Answer – Beautiful Homes
I. Multiple Choice Questions (Mcqs)
The garbage is separated by
(d) none of the above
The name of Raghav’s pet dot is
We should never throw waste materials in
(b) public places
(d) all of the above
(d) all of the above
Who feeds the hens with grains and gives them fresh water?
(d) Chandra Raju
II. Fill In The Blanks
1. Even coolers with stagnant water are a breeding places for …………….
2. Tanny likes to eat biscuits and …………….
3. Garbage should be collected in a ……………. and thrown in the big garbage bin of the locality.
4. The windows and doors should have wire ……………. so that mosquitoes and flies cannot enter the house.
5. Raghav’s parents take Tanny to a ……………. doctor for regular check-up.
1. In cities, the Municipality is responsible for the removal of the garbage.
2. We can enjoy good health only in a clean environment.
3. The drains should not be covered.
4. The walls of our house should be painted.
5. Lokesh does not like to keep pets.
IV. Match The Following:
|Column ‘A’||Column ‘B’|
|1. Chandra Raju and||(i) pet dog Madhu|
|2. Raghav||(ii) village|
|3. Lokesh||(iii) sell betel nuts in the village|
|4. Panchayat||(iv) clean and dry|
|5. Kitchen and bathroom||(v) hens|
|Column ‘A’||Column ‘B’|
|1. Chandra Raju and||(iii) sell betel nuts in the village|
|2. Raghav||(i) pet dog Madhu|
|3. Lokesh||(v) hens|
|4. Panchayat||(ii) village|
|5. Kitchen and bathroom||(iv) clean and dry|
V. Name The Following
1. The place where the garbage is buried under the ground.
2. One who buys old books, newspapers, broken toys, etc.
3. The authority responsible for the removal of garbage in cities.
4. The authority responsible for the removal of garbage in villages.
1. Landfill silt
VI. Jumbled Words
1. mgers ………………
2. garbage ………………
3. dutsbni ………………
4. dreceu ………………
5. ocop ………………
6. veritenayr ………………
7. rdain ………………
8. dirallwaa ………………
9. rguelra ………………
10. mroevla ………………
VII. Cross The Odd One
1. dog; hen; doctor; cock ………………
2. basket; biscuit; cheese; grain ………………
3. doors; windows; walls; germs ………………
4. reduce; repeat; reuse; recycle ………………
5. cottage; biscuit; hut; house ………………
VIII. Short Answer Type Questions
How did Chandra Raju and Madhu keep their hut clean?
Chandra Raju and Madhu live in a hut made with mud and thatched roof. They pay attention to the cleanliness of their hut:
- They painted the walls of the hut with lovely patterns.
- They planted roses and jasmines around the hut.
- They clean the hut every day with a broom.
What should we do to make our house beautiful?
- The walls of our house should be painted.
- The doors and windows should have curtains. They should allow breeze and sunlight to enter our house.
- We should decorate our house with plants and flowers.
Where should we collect the garbage? What happens if we throw it on the road?
We should collect the garbage in a dustbin which is further thrown in the big garbage bin of the locality. If we throw it on the road, there is every chance of the spread of diseases. We must keep it in mind that waste materials thrown on the public place become the breeding ground of germs.
How can we help in the recycling of the garbage?
We should clean the cupboards and shelves regularly. We should never store old tins, cardboard boxes, broken toys, old books or newspapers for long. Instead, we should sell them to the local raddiwalla for recycling.
What should we do to keep our environment clean?
It is the duty of everyone to keep the environment clean. We can do it in the following ways:
- We should never throw waste materials in public places.
- We should take care of our house, neighbourhood, city, village and state.
- We should not let water collect because stagnant water becomes a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
IX. Long Answer Type Questions
How do Raghav and his parents take care of their pet dog? What precautions do they take for themselves?
Raghav bathes and combs his pet dog named Tanny regularly. Every morning and evening, he takes it for a walk. Raghav’s parents take Tanny to a veterinary doctor for regular check up. They feed it properly. Raghav and his parents wash their hands with soap after playing or feeding Tanny. They do not allow Tanny to jump on their beds as dogs can spread germs and harm human beings. Tanny has a small bed to sleep.
DAV Class 3 SST Chapter 10 Notes – Beautiful Homes
- We may live in a small or a big house but it is very important to keep it clean.
- We should sweep our house every day. The drains should be covered. Waste materials should not be thrown in the drains.
- The garbage should be collected in a dustbin and thrown in a big garbage bin of the locality.
- We should decorate our house with plants and flowers. The kitchen and bathroom should be clean and dry.
- We should sell old tins, cardboard bones, broken toys, old books or newspapers to local scrap dealer (radically) for recycling.
- We should never throw waste materials in public places. We should keep our environment clean.
- We should follow three R’s of garbage disposal-Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
- If one has a pet, one should keep it clean and manage a separate place for it.
- Landfill silt: The place where garbage is buried under the ground.
- Stagnant: Water that is not moving and therefore smells unpleasant.
- Breeze: Gentle wind.
- Thatched roof: Roof made of dried straw, reeds, etc.