Free PDF Download of CBSE Physics Multiple Choice Questions for Class 12 with Answers Chapter 11 Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter. Physics MCQs for Class 12 Chapter Wise with Answers PDF Download was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 12 Physics Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter MCQs Pdf with Answers to know their preparation level.
Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter Class 12 Physics MCQs Pdf
1. Who established that electric charge is quantised?
(a) J.J. Thomson
(b) William Crookes
(c) R.A. Millikan
(d) Wilhelm Rontgen
2. Cathode rays were discovered by
(a) Maxwell Clerk James
(b) Heinrich Hertz
(c) William Crookes
(d) J.J. Thomson
3. The minimum energy required for the electron emission from the metal surface can be supplied to the free electrons by which of the following physical processes?
(a) Thermionic emission
(b) Field emission
(c) Photoelectric emission
(d) All of these
4. The phenomenon of photoelectric emission was discovered in 1887 by
(a) Albert Einstein
(b) Heinrich Hertz
(c) Wilhelm Hallwachs
(d) Philipp Lenard
5. A metal surface ejects electrons when hit by green light but nothing when hit by yellow light. The electrons will be ejected when the surface is hit by
(a) blue light
(b) heat rays
(c) infrared light
(d) red light
6. Which of the following statements is correct regarding the photoelectric experiment?
(a) The photocurrent increases with intensity of light.
(b) Stopping potential increases with increase in intensity of incident light.
(c) The photocurrent increases with increase in frequency.
(d) All of these
7. In photoelectric effect, the photocurrent
(a) depends both on intensity and frequency of the incident light.
(b) does not depend on the frequency of incident light but depends on the intensity of the inci-dent light.
(c) decreases with increase in frequency of inci-dent light.
(d) increases with increase in frequency of inci-dent light.
8. The maximum value of photoelectric current is called
(a) base current
(b) saturation current
(c) collector current
(d) emitter current
9. In photoelectric effect, the photoelectric current is independent of
(a) intensity of incident light
(b) potential difference applied between the two electrodes
(c) the nature of emitter material
(d) frequency of incident light
10. In photoelectric effect, stopping potential depends on
(a) frequency of incident light
(b) nature of the emitter material
(c) intensity of incident light
(d) both (a) and (b)
11. According to Einstein’s photoelectric equation, the graph of kinetic energy of the photoelectron emitted from the metal versus the frequency of the incident radiation gives a straight line graph, whose slope
(a) depends on the intensity of the incident radi-ation.
(b) depends on the nature of the metal and also on the intensity of incident radiation.
(c) is same for all metals and independent of the intensity of the incident radiation.
(d) depends on the nature of the metal.
12. The figure shows stopping V0A potential V0 and frequency o for two different metallic surfaces A and B. The work function of A, as compared to that of B is
(d) nothing can be said
13. Which phenomenon best supports the theory that matter has a wave nature?
(a) Electron momentum
(b) Electron diffraction
(c) Photon momentum
(d) Photon diffraction
We hope the given Physics MCQs for Class 12 with Answers Chapter 11 Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 12 Physics Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter MCQs Pdf, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.