Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 11 Human Eye and Colourful World Multiple Choice Questions with Answers. MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 10 Science Human Eye and Colourful World Multiple Choice Questions with Answers to know their preparation level.
Class 10 Science MCQs Chapter 11 Human Eye and Colourful World
1. The least distance of distinct vision for a normal eye is
(b) 25 cm
(c) 2.5 cm
(d) 25 m
2. A person cannot see distinctly objects kept beyond 2 m. This defect can be corrected by using a lens of power
(a) +0.5 D
(b) -0.5 D
(c) +0.2 D
(d) -0.2 D
3. The defect of vision in which a person cannot see the distant objects clearly but can see nearby objects clearly is called
(d) bifocal eye
4. The splitting of white light into different colours on passing through a prism is called
5. At noon, the Sun appears white as
(a) blue colour is scattered the most
(b) red colour is scattered the most
(c) light is least scattered
(d) all the colours of the white light are scattered away
6. Twinkling of stars is due to
(a) reflection of light by clouds
(b) scattering of light by dust particles
(c) dispersion of light by water drops
(d) atmospheric refraction of starlight
7. When white light enters a glass prism from air, the angle of deviation is least for
(a) blue light
(b) yellow light
(c) violet light
(d) red light
8. When white light enters a glass prism from air, the angle of deviation is maximum for
(a) blue light
(b) yellow light
(c) red light
(d) violet light
9. The amount of light entering the eye can be controlled by the
(d) ciliary muscles
10. What type of image is formed by the eye lens on the retina?
(a) Real and erect
(b) Virtual and inverted
(c) Real and inverted
(d) Virtual and erect
11. The medical condition in which the lens of the eye of a person becomes progressively cloudy resulting in blurred vision is called
12. The defect of the eye in which the eyeball becomes too long is
13. The defect of vision in which the image of nearby objects is formed behind the retina, is
14. Which of the following is a natural phenomenon which is caused by the dispersion of sunlight in the sky?
(a) Twinkling of stars
(b) Stars seem higher than they actually are
(c) Advanced sunrise and delayed sunset
Objectives Questions On Human Eye And The Colourful World 15.
Name the scientist who was the first to use a glass prism to obtain the spectrum of sunlight.
(a) Isaac Newton
(d) Hans Christian Oersted
Fill in the Blanks
1. The ability of the eye to focus both near and distant objects, by adjusting its focal length, is called the ……….. of the eye.
2. ……….. of light causes the blue colour of sky and reddening of the Sun at sunrise and sunset.
3. Most of the refraction of light rays entering the eye occurs at the outer surface of the ……….. .
4. Due to the greater converging power of the eye lens in a myopic eye, the image of distant object is formed ……….. the retina.
5. A person suffering from both myopia and hypermetropia uses ……….. leases.
4. in front of
We hope the given MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science Human Eye and Colourful World with Answers will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 11 Human Eye and Colourful World Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.