Regular use of DAV Class 6 English Practice Book Solutions Pdf Chapter 10 Passive Voice can result in improved reading comprehension and vocabulary.
DAV Class 6 English Practice Book Solutions Pdf Chapter 10 Passive Voice
DAV Class 6 English Practice Book Chapter 10 Worksheet 1 Solutions
Let’s see how much you know about the world.
1. When was the telephone invented?
2. Who invented the telephone?
3. Who wrote The Ramayana?
4. When was the Great Wall of China built?
5. Where was the first photograph taken?
6. When was radioactivity discovered?
7. When was the CD invented?
8. When was the first movie made?
1. The telephone was invented in 1876.
2. The telephone was invented by Graham Bell.
3. The Ramayana was written by Valmiki.
4. The Great Wall of China was built in 220-206 B.C.
5. The first photograph was taken in USA.
6. Radioactivity was discovered in 1896.
7. The CD was invented in 1960.
8. The first movie was made in 1890.
DAV Class 6 English Practice Book Chapter 10 Worksheet 2 Solutions
See English Practice Book, pages 132-133.
C. Taking hints from the chart given on the previous page, complete the chart given below:
DAV Class 6 English Practice Book Chapter 10 Worksheet 3 Solutions
Millie’s friend Tom wants to make chocolates for her birthday party, but he doesn’t know its recipe. He requests Millie to ask her mother to send him the recipe. The mother sends him the following recipe.
See English Practice Book, pages 134-135.
Imagine yourself to be Millie. Explain to Tom the process of making chocolate. The first step has been written for you.
One litre of milk is taken. It is then boiled till it becomes thick. 100 gm sugar is added to it. 100 gm cocoa powder is mixed into it. after a few minutes. The mixture is again to be boiled for 5 minutes. A bowl is to be greased with oil. The mixture is then poured into the bowl. It is finally kept in a freezer.
DAV Class 6 English Practice Book Chapter 10 Worksheet 4 Solutions
A. Nikki plans to celebrate her birthday by hosting a party. She discusses the plans with her brother. Complete the following conversation using simple future passive constructions.
Syd : So! How do you plan to celebrate your birthday?
Nikki : I’ve planned to organise a grand party.
Syd : How exciting!
Nikki : All my friends will be invited. Special dishes will be made. Chocolate drinks will be served. Decorations will be nut up. Music will be nlaued. Return gifts will be given to all the invitees.
Syd : That will be fun. Will I be invited? Nikki : Oh sure!
Syd : Thank you, Nikki.
B. Nikki plans to celebrate her birthday. She phones her friends about the party. In addition, she will be sending personal invitations to her friends. Read the plans made by her. Fill in the blanks with appropriate passive verbs. The first one has been done for you.
I am Nikki. My birthday will be celebrated on 1st September from 7 p.m. onwards at my residence. You are invited to attend the party. The party will be joined by Siddhi, Riddhi and Hema. Your parents too are cordially invited. Quality cake from Metro will be cut at 8 p.m. Your presence will be appreciated. Happy hours will be spent by all of us. You will be eagerly waited for by me. Separate cards have been sent through courier. I may be contacted for any additional information.
DAV Class 6 English Practice Book Chapter 10 Worksheet 5 Solutions
Nikki’s special day has arrived. Almost all the preparations have been made. Read the following conversation between Nikki and her mother.
See English Practice Book, page 137.
When Nikki went to check the arrangements, she observed various jobs being done by different people. She came back and gave her mother the following information. Rewrite it in past continuous passive tense. The first one has been done for you.
1. Shelly and Smita were drawing pictures.
Pictures were being drawn by Shelly and Smita.
2. Millie was filling air into the balloons.
Air was being filled into the balloons by Millie.
3. Neetu was laying the table.
The table was being laid by Neetu.
4. Neha was preparing a bouquet.
A bouquet was being prepared by Neha.
5. Isha was wrapping presents.
Presents were being wrapped by Isha.
6. Mini was making toffee apples.
Toffee apples were being made by Mini.
7. Aastha and Anshu were decorating the cake.
The cake was being decorated by Aastha and Anshu.
8. Rahul was playing music.
Music was being played by Rahul.
9. Rohit was making face masks.
Face masks were being made by Rohit.
10. Sameer and Saatvik were pouring bubble bath into the fountain.
Bubble bath was being poured into the fountain by Sameer and Saatvik.
DAV Class 6 English Practice Book Chapter 10 Worksheet 6 Solutions
Nikki’s party is about to begin. She is very excited about it. She is talking to the Manager of the party about the arrangements. Read the conversation and complete it by filling in the blanks with the present perfect passive form of the verbs given in the brackets. The first one has been done for you.
Nikki : Is everything ready, Sir?
Manager : Yes, miss. The lights have been put up. The carpets have been spread. The park has been decorated. The furniture has been set up. All the dishes have been prepared.
Nikki : What about my birthday cake?
Manager : It has been kept on the table.
Nikki : I am so thrilled! I hope everyone enjoys the party.
DAV Class 6 English Practice Book Chapter 10 Worksheet 7 Solutions
Nikki’s birthday party has begun. Look at the pictures given below and write in present continuous passive what is happening in the party. You may take the help of some verbs given below. One sentence to describe the party has been written to give you a lead.
See English Practice Book, page 139.
(cut, light, drink, give, crack jokes, cook, eat, perform, play, click, make, distribute)
1. The cake is being cut.
2. The lights are being lit.
3. The drinks are being served.
4. The gifts are being given.
5. The jokes are being cracked.
6. The food is being cooked by the cook.
7. The snacks are being eaten by the children.
8. The magic is being performed by the magician.
9. The photographs are being clicked.
10. An announcement is being made.
11. The toffees are being distributed among the children.
DAV Class 6 English Practice Book Chapter 10 Worksheet 8 Solutions
Nikki wants to thank all the people who helped her in her party. She requests her brother to prepare a list of all the people who helped her. Rewrite the following information in simple past passive. The first one has been done for you.
See English Practice Book, page 140.
1. Nikki’s cake was made by Simi.
2. Fireworks were provided by Sameer.
3. Designer costumes were provided by Ekta.
4. Decoration was done by Sonu.
5. Flowers were arranged by Neha.
6. Ice cream was supplied by Mini.
7. The music system was arranged by Richa.
8. Photographs were taken by Rahul.
9. Sweets were distributed by Joy.
10. Gifts were wrapped by Isha.
DAV Class 6 English Practice Book Chapter 10 Worksheet 9 Solutions
See English Practice Book, page 141.
Now Nikki wants to know how her father conducted the experiment. Mr Arya tells her the procedure. Complete the procedure by filling information from the above instructions. The first one has been done for you.
A plant with white flowers is pulled out from the soil. Its roots are washed well and cut. The lower end of the cut stem is dipped in a bottle containing water. A few drops of red ink are added. The plant is left undisturbed for a few hours. The plant is observed carefully. The colour of the flower is changed into red.
DAV Class 6 English Practice Book Chapter 10 Worksheet 10 Solutions
Given below are some extracts from a newspaper. Each extract is followed by two options to complete it. Tick (✓) the correct option. The first one has been done for you.
The school was founded in the early nineteenth century. But
(a) the man building was added only a decade ago.
(b) they added the main building only a decade ago.
(a) the man building was added only a decade ago. ✓
The President of the neighbouring country reached the airport today morning. He was dressed in a white suit.
(a) His suit had been specially designed by a top Indian designer.
(b) A top Indian designer had specially designed his suit.
(a) His suit had been specially designed by a top Indian designer. ✓
The telephone has now become an indispensable part of modern life.
(a) Alexander Graham Bell invented it first.
(b) It was first invented by Alexander Graham Bell.
(b) It was first invented by Alexander Graham Bell. ✓
Residents of a village in Kullu were shocked at the news that the bread factory in their village was going to be closed. The factory where
(a) 6000 loaves of bread were made everyday.
(b) they made 6000 loaves daily, was sold to an industrialist, who decided to close it.
(a) 6000 loaves of bread were made everyday. ✓
The Prime Minister was admitted to the Beach Candy Hospital this morning. On admission
(a) he was examined and it was decided that an early operation was essential.
(b) doctors examined him and they decided that an early operation was essential.
(a) he was examined and it was decided that an early operation was essential. ✓
DAV Class 6 English Practice Book Chapter 10 Worksheet 11 Solutions
A. Given on the next page are two pictures. Compare them and find out at least six differences. List the differences in the given space. Some words have been given for your help. The first one has been done for you.
See English Practice Book, pages 143-144.
cut, open, eat, drink, break, remove
1. The bread has been cut.
2. The sugar box has been opened.
3. The cup and saucers have been removed.
4. Apples have been eaten,
5. Eggs have been broken.
6. Milk has been drunk.
B. Given below are two pictures of Nikki’s room. Picture A shows the condition of the room before it was cleaned by Nikki and Picture B shows the condition after it was cleaned. Observe the pictures and write the differences between the two in the space provided. One difference has been pointed out to help you.
See English Practice Book, page 144.
1. The window has been shut.
2. The television has been switched off.
3. The bed has been cleaned.
4. The tablecloth has been laid.
5. The floor has been cleaned.
6. The books have been arranged.
7. The door of the side table has been shut.
8. The dustbin has been emptied.
9. The candles have been lit.
10. The cat has been driven away.
DAV Class 6 English Practice Book Chapter 10 Worksheet 12 Solutions
Various jobs are done by different people in the hospital. Use the following words to describe these jobs. The first one has been done for you.
See English Practice Book, page 145.
1. The patients are treated by the doctors.
2. Operations are performed by surgeons.
3. Bedsheets are changed by sisters. 4. Medicines are given by nurses. ‘
5. Trash cans are emptied by cleaners. 6. Garbage is taken away by scavengers.
7. Floor is cleaned by sweepers. 8. Medicines are issued by pharmacy.
Do It Yourself
Given below is the procedure of making greeting cards. Read the instructions and report the same to one of your friends.
- Fold a piece of paper in the middle.
- Cut out pictures of flower blossoms from old calendars.
- Glue the blossoms on to the front of the card. Use marker pens to draw stems, leaves, a border and other decorations.
- Write a message inside.
A piece of paper is folded in the middle. Pictures of flower blossoms are cut out from old calendars. The blossoms are glued on to the front of the card. Marker pens are used to draw stems, leaves, a border and other decorations. A message is written inside.
Given below are instructions to make a milk carton game. Read the instructions and complete the procedure that follows.
(a) Take nine cardboard milk cartons. Cut off the top part of each carton.
(b) Arrange the cartons in a square. Use paper clips to attach the sides together.
(c) With a marker pen, write a point value on the inside edge of each carton.
(d) Decorate the cartons with wrapping paper.
(e) Set the cartons on the floor for playing. Toss a small plastic ball into the cartons. Add points.
Nine cardboard milk cartons are taken. The top part of each carton is cut off. The cartons are arranged in a square. Paper clips are used to attach the sides together. A point value is written on the inside edge of each carton with a marker pen. The cartons are decorated with wrapping paper. The cartons are set on the floor for pla3dng. A small plastic ball is tossed into the cartons. Points are added.