Regular use of DAV Class 4 English Practice Book Solutions Pdf Chapter 12 Conditionals can result in improved reading comprehension and vocabulary.
DAV Class 4 English Practice Book Solutions Pdf Chapter 12 Conditionals
Look at the imprint of Nikita’s hand given below:
Now read what the lines of the hand say:
Do it yourself.
DAV Class 4 English Practice Book Chapter 12 Worksheet 1 Solutions
Nikita’s sister uses the information given in the box to tell her what her lines say. Complete the information. One example is done for you.
1. If your life line is long, you have a long life.
2. If your head line is dark,
3. If _______________________
2. If your head line is dark, you are intelligent.
3. If your heart line is dark, you are kind.
4. If your Neptune line is broken, you have a lot of imagination.
5. It your sun line is clear, you will be successful in life.
6. If your Mercury line is strong, you have a good memory.
In the blank space provided below, trace your own hand and draw in the lines.
Do it yourself
DAV Class 4 English Practice Book Chapter 12 Worksheet 2 Solutions
Complete the following sentences. The first one is done as an example.
1. If water is heated to 100°C, it boils.
2. If a plant does not get water,
3. If fish are taken out of water,
4. If you face the east, the west
5. If you switch on the television,
6. If you exercise,
7. If you add sugar to the tea,
2. it withers away.
3. it dies.
4. is at your back.
5. it starts.
6. you are healthy.
7. it tastes sweet.
DAV Class 4 English Practice Book Chapter 12 Worksheet 3 Solutions
Read the following conversation that took place between Bunty and Shikha.
Shikha : Are you going anywhere during the summer vacation?
Bunty : We are planning to go to Dalhousie. But I will have to finish my holiday homework in time.
Bunty’s answer can be written in another way using ‘if’.
We may go to Dalhousie if I finish my holiday homework in time.
1. I may go to play ¡fit stops raining.
2. I may buy a new dress if we go for shopping.
3. 1 may stand first in the class if I work hard.
4. I may go to my aunts house if my mother allows.
5. I may watch T.V. if I finish my homework.
6. I may play the casio if we have a musical show.
DAV Class 4 English Practice Book Chapter 12 Worksheet 4 Solutions
Imagine a fairy has just appeared before you. She has granted you live wishes.
Using the pattern I wish , write your wishes as shown in the examples.
I wish I were good at Maths.
I wish I were rich.
1. I wish I were _______________________
1. I wish I were _______________________
2. I wish I were _______________________
3. I wish I were _______________________
4. I wish I were _______________________
5. I wish I were _______________________
1. good in every subject.
2. a good cricketer.
3. a celebrity.
5. a good dancer.
Now write down one reason for each of the above wishes.
Example: If I were good at Maths, I would top the class.
If I were rich, I would go round the world.
1. If I were good in every subject, I would help the weak students.
2. If I were a good cricketer, I would earn name and fame.
3. If I were a celebrity, I would give my autograph to my fans.
4. If I were a famous scientist, I would invent anti-cancer medicine.
5. If I were a good dancer, I would entertain the people.
DAV Class 4 English Practice Book Chapter 12 Worksheet 5 Solutions
Look at the picture given below. It is the picture of a lonely jungle. You and your friend are lost in it.
Imagine what would you do if _______________________
1. you saw a girl in a ditch.
2. a lion appeared before you.
3. you saw a wounded man lying on the ground.
4. a bear appeared.
5. dacoits surrounded you.
6. you met your class teacher.
1. If I saw a girl in a ditch, I would _______________________
2. If a lion appeared before me, I would _______________________
3. If I saw a wounded man lying on the ground, I would _______________________
4. If a bear appeared, I would _______________________
5. If dacoits surrounded me, _______________________
6. If I met my class teacher, _______________________
1. help her coming out of it.
2. climb the tree.
3. take him to a nearby hospital.
4. try to make friendly with it.
5. I would request them to let me go.
6. I would request him/her to come to my house.
Do It Yourself
Read the incomplete sentences given below and complete them in any suitable way. The first one has been done as an example.
(a) If ice is kept at normal temperature, it melts.
(b) If there is lightning, there also is _______________________
(c) If salt is added to water, it _______________________
(d) If a stone is thrown upwards, it _______________________
(e) If you practise daily, you may become _______________________
(f) If you turn off the tap, the water _______________________
(c) tastes salty
(d) comes down
Imagine you were in the following situations. What would you do in each of these situations? Use your imagination to complete these sentences in an interesting way.
(a) If I were a millionaire, _______________________
(b) If I went to live in another country, _______________________
(c) If I became invisible, _______________________
(d) If my friend gets into trouble, _______________________
(e) If I lose all my money, _______________________
(a) I would distribute the money among all the poor.
(b) I would do good to make my own country proud.
(c) I would help police in catching criminals.
(d) I would help him/here come out of it.
(e) I would tell about it to my mummy and ask for it.
Complete the following sentences to make them interesting.
(a) I would jump with joy if _______________________
(b) What will you do if I tell you that _______________________
(c) We would all be very ill if _______________________
(d) Will you help me if _______________________
(e) Our teacher will be angry if _______________________
(a) I won the trophy.
(b) you have become a celebrity?
(c) we eat poisoned food.
(d) I ask you.
(e) we tell a lie.