Regular use of DAV Class 4 English Practice Book Solutions Pdf Chapter 10 Sentences: Subject and Predicate can result in improved reading comprehension and vocabulary.
DAV Class 4 English Practice Book Solutions Pdf Chapter 10 Sentences: Subject and Predicate
DAV Class 4 English Practice Book Chapter 10 Worksheet 1 Solutions
Match Column A with Column B and make meaningful sentences. There is more than one possibility but make sure your sentences make sense. The first one has been done as an example.
1. Rai was ashamed of himself.
2. The sports day was near.
3. His parents were very happy.
4. Rahul started talking lesser and lesser with Raj.
5. You must study very hard.
6. Rahul took the trophy home.
7. Raj was ahead of Rahul.
8. Raj always managed to win.
9. He could not sleep properly.
DAV Class 4 English Practice Book Chapter 10 Worksheet 2 Solutions
Answer the following questions in any way you like.
1. Who usually answers the phone calls at your home?
2. Where does your sister go for her dance classes?
3. Who is the brightest student in your class?
4. Where is your school located?
5. What is the name of your dog?
6. How do you go to school?
7. What does your friend like the best?
Now circle the subject in the sentences you have written above.
1 .My father usually answers them.
2. She goes to a dance school.
3. Cherry is the brightest student in my class.
4. My schools located in Laxmi Nagar.
5. The name of my dog is Toughy.
6. I go to school by school bus.
7. My friend likes to draw pictures.
DAV Class 4 English Practice Book Chapter 10 Worksheet 3 Solutions
Look at words given below. Rearrange them to form meaningful sentences. The first one has been done as an example.
1. making / Shiela / card / a beautiful / is Shiela is making a beautiful card.
2. by / gills / breathe / means of / fish
3. shoes / a cobbler / us / for / makes
4. fly / penguins / some birds / kiwis / like / cannot / and
5. are / the boys / playing I football
2. Fish breathe by means of gills.
3. A cobbler makes shoes for us.
4. Some birds like penguins and kiwis cannot fly.
5. The boys are playing football.
Do It Yourself
Match ColumnAwith Column Band make meaningful sentences. There is more than one possibility but make sure your sentences make sense. The first one has been done for you as an example.
(a) The rabbit jumped over the fence.
(b) Water boils at 100°C.
(c) The camel is called the ‘Ship of the Desert’.
(d) The doctor treated the sick man.
(e) A shepherd looks after sheep.
(f) Mehak has a good memory.
(g) The earth revolves round the Sun.
(h) The photographer took some photographs of the tiger.
(i) We went for a picnic yesterday.
(j) The people living in China are called Chinese.
Look at the incomplete sentences given below. Choose the correct answer from the choices given and write the complete sentences in the spaces provided. The first one has been done as an example.
(a) Smog is:
- the name of my pet.
- the pollution caused by smoke and fog.
- the name of a cricket player.
Smog is the pollution caused by smoke and fog.
(b) Deforestation means:
- living in forests.
- climbing trees in forests.
- the cutting of forests.
Deforestation means cutting of forests.
(c) A chameleon is:
- an insect with six legs.
- a house where baby plants are grown.
- a lizard that can change its colour.
A chameleon is a lizard that can change its colour.
(d) Conservation means:
- protecting our environment.
- hunting animals.
- setting up of more industries.
Conservation means protecting our environment.
(e) The elephant is:
- a man-eater.
- a fast runner.
- a herbivore.
The elephant is a herbivore.
Supply a suitable word/phrase in each blank given below to make meaningful sentences.
(a) ________________________ is a very big city.
(b) Rajeev ________________________.
(c) ________________________ loves to play cricket.
(d) Shimla ________________________.
(e) ________________________ went to Goa in winter.
(f) Students ________________________.
(g) ________________________ arrived very late.
(h) My bicycle ________________________.
(b) went in the playground
(d) is a hill station
(e) My friend
(f) like to play cricket
(g) The train
(h) is new
Match Column A and Column B to make meaningful sentences.
(a) A lion had a fox as his minister.
(b) The fox got a share from his master’s kill everyday.
(c) The fox thought of an idea.
(cl) The fox went to the donkey and told him the good news.
(ie) The donkey was very much pleased to hear this.
(f) The lion looked at the dead donkey.
(g) The lion said donkeys are ‘brainless animals’.
Guess and write the name of the story from which the above sentences have been taken.
Look at the picture given below. Now write some sentences about what is happening in the room. The first two have been done as examples.
(a) Mrs Jones is typing a letter.
(b) The purse is lying on the floor,
(c) The peon is bringing glasses of water on a tray.
(d) Mr Gupta is writing something.
(e) Mr Kumar is searching a book.
(f) Mr Sharma is explaining something.
(g) Mr Kalra is looking at the chart.