Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 15 Our Environment Multiple Choice Questions with Answers. MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 10 Science Our Environment Multiple Choice Questions with Answers to know their preparation level.
Class 10 Science MCQs Chapter 15 Our Environment
Question 1. Excessive exposure to ultraviolet radiation causes
(a) inflammation of liver
(b) cancer of skin
(c) damage to the lungs
Question 2. Which one of the following is an artificial ecosystem?
(d) Crop field
Question 3. Acid rain is caused by the oxides of
(b) nitrogen only
(c) sulphur only
(d) sulphur and nitrogen
Question 4. Which of the following is biodegradable?
(a) Aluminium can
(b) Polythene bag
Question 5. Which of the following is an abiotic component of an ecosystem?
Question 6. Which one of the following pairs belong to the category of primary consumers?
(a) Eagle and snake
(b) Grasshoppers & cattle
(c) Snake and frog
(d) Water beetles & fish
Question 7. Which of the following chemicals causes depletion of the ozone layer?
(a) Carbon tetrachloride
(c) Chloro fluoro carbon
(d) Carbon monoxide
Question 8. In a food chain, the third trophic level is always occupied by
Question 9. The depletion of the ozone layer causes
(a) global wanning
(c) increased UV radiations
(d) acid rain
Question 10. In the given foodchain if the amount of energy at the fourth trophic level is 4 kJ, what will be the energy available at the producer level?
Grass → Grasshopper → Frog → Snake
(a) 4 kJ
(b) 40 kJ
(c) 400 kJ
(d) 4000 kJ
Question 11. What will happen if all the deer are killed in the given food chain?
Grass → Deer → Lion
(a) The population of grass decreases.
(b) The population of lions increases.
(c) The population of lions remains unchanged.
(d) The population of lions decreases and grass increases.
Question 12. Which of the two in the following sets belong to the same trophic level?
(a) Grass; Grasshopper
(b) Goat; Spider
(c) Hawk ; Rat
(d) Frog ; Lizard
Fill in the Blanks
1. Those waste materials which can be broken down to non-poisonous susbtances in nature in due course of time by the action of micro-organisms are called …….. wastes.
2. The waste materials which can not be broken down into harmless substances in nature are called …….. .
3. …….. is the ultimate source of energy.
4. In 1987 …….. succeeded in forging an agreement to freeze CFC production at 1986 levels.
5. Ozone at the higher levels of atmosphere is a product of UV radiation acting on …….. molecule.
6. …….. can be classified as herbivores, carnivores, omnivores and parasites.
2. non-biodegradable wastes
4. United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
5. oxygen (O2)
We hope the given MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science Our Environment with Answers will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 15 Our Environment Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.