Tamilnadu State Board Class 10 English Poster Making
Poster Making (Text Book Page No.: 170)
What is a poster?
Posters are placards displayed in a public place announcing or advertising something. Posters are notices, advertisements and invitations – all in one.
What is the purpose of a Poster?
It is to create social awareness about current problems and needs, or to advertise or invite and display something.
Layout of a poster
- It should be attractive, colorful and tempting
- The title should be catchy
- Slogans or jingles should be used
- Sketches or simple drawings may be used
- Letters may be of different sizes and shapes
- Proper spacing should be given
Content of a poster:
- The theme or subject
- Descriptions along with it
- Essentials like time, date, venue etc. to be given, in case of an event
- Names of issuing authority/ organisation to be given
Expression of Poster:
- Slogans/ phrases can be used
- Sequencing to be correct
- Creativity to be appreciated
Design a poster for a fine art exhibition.
Prepare a poster on water pollution.
Stop Water Pollution
Design a poster to create awareness on reading.