The compilation of these Accountancy Notes makes students exam preparation simpler and organised.
Depreciation, Provision, and Reserves
One of the main principles of accounting is the Matching Principle. It states that an income or revenue must be recognized in the same period as its matching expenses. Sometimes though the expense or revenue is not only confined to one accounting year. And so comes the concept of depreciation and provisions and reserves. Let us take a look.
- Depreciation and Causes of Depreciation
- Methods of Calculating Depreciation Amount
- Straight Line Method and Written Down: A Comparative Analysis
- Methods of Recording Depreciation
- Disposal of Asset and any Addition or Extension to the Existing Asset
- Need for Depreciation and Factors Affecting Amount of Depreciation
- Declining Charge Method
- Other Methods