Non-Technical Topics for Group Discussions: A group discussion popularly referred to as GD is a very go-to term among students and job applicants. It is used as a parameter to judge a person’s presence of mind and analytical skills.
A group discussion brings forward a person’s true nature- whether they have qualities like leadership skills or the ability to stand out in a group of people alike. It highlights a person’s communication skills and the ability to work in a team and still be distinguished. A Group Discussion is an essential aspect of various interviews for jobs and admission into certain educational institutions.
According to the type of the course or the field concerned in the job profile, group discussions vary. However, non-technical topics and topics of general interest are common irrespective of the sphere of the course. Here is a list of the non-technical topics on current affairs & potential issues you might want to consider preparing for your following group discussion.
Must Refer: Career Objective for a Fresher
To know more click the below links:
- List of Non Technical Topics for Group Discussions on Environment
- Non Technical Topics for Presentation
- List of General Non-Technical Topics for GD
- Non Technical Topics On Current Affairs List
- Political & Social Issues for Group Discussion
- Economic Topics for GD
- Abstract Group Discussion Topics
- How To Prepare for Non-Technical Topics for Group Discussions?
- FAQ’s on Group Discussion Topics 2020 – 2021
List of Non Technical Topics for Group Discussions on Environment
Here comes the first list of Non Technical Topics for Group Discussions based on Environmental issues:
- Air Quality
- Are Dams a Disruption to the Natural Flow of the Rivers?
- Cutting of Hills and Clearing of Forests to Level the Land
- Deposition of Waste in the Flow of the Rivers
- Effects of Dumping E-waste into Landfills
- Harmful Effects of Blaring Music
- Importance of Sanitation
- Revival of Groundwater Reservoirs
- Save Wildlife and Environment
- Shift to the Renewable Sources of Energy
- Should Burning of Fodder be Made Illegal?
- Should Bursting of Firecrackers be Banned?
- Swacch Bharat Mission
- Usage of Fossil Fuels in Household Chores
- Vehicular Pollution
Do Check: Declaration in Resume for Freshers
Non Technical Topics for Presentation or Group Discussions
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Social Media
- Air Pollution
- Child Labour
- Classroom Management
- Climate Change
- Communication Skills
- Covid-19 and its Impact on World Economy
- Cyber Crimes
- Disaster Management
- Food Engineering
- Identity Theft
- Impact of Technology in Crime Prevention
- Impact of Technology on Teaching and Learning
- International law
- Internet & Traditional Media
- Inventory Management
- Juvenile Justice System
- Land Pollution
- Logistics Management
- Marine Pollution
- Marketing Strategy
- Mass Media
- Materials Management
- Natural Resources
- Noise Pollution
- Online Learning: Benefits, Challenges, and Opportunities
- Operations Management
- Organic Farming
- Principles of Management
- Radioactive Pollution
- Social Media and Social Businesses
- Soft Skills
- Sources of Water
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Technology & Medical Science
- Thermal Pollution
- Water Pollution
List of General Non-Technical Topics for GD
- Importance of entrepreneurs over managers
- Importance of GD in campus placements
- Should capital punishment be banned?
- Do rehab centers help criminals and transform them?
- Co-ed, a boon or bane?
- work-life balance is merely a myth
- effect of the year 2020 on 2021
- death penalty- punishment for rape
- EVM- a better option than paper ballots
- Films- a cause for social evils
- The right to die
- Seniority or merit- criteria for promotion
- Right to privacy- an absurd demand
- Indian television- a source of idiocy
- India- the next potential superpower
- India- still developing
Non Technical Topics On Current Affairs List
- Is E-learning the future?
- Is E-learning as effective as classroom learning?
- Work from home- hampering work-life balance
- India does not have enough infrastructure to endure a cashless economy
- Virtual learning s affecting a child’s creativity
- Web series over films
- Can women be in a combat role?
- Artificial intelligence- a bane for jobs
- Cryptocurrency- the best mode to invest in
- Indian reality shows
- Nuclear war- the next big thing
- News channel- truth or exaggeration
- The government should do away with Reservation based on
- Water scarcity- cause for World War III
- No relaxation in punishment for juvenile rapists
- Ram temple – a source of work
Political & Social Issues for Group Discussion
- Good relations between India and Pakistan- a myth
- Aadhaar card linkage is absurd and
- Democracy- a harsh lie in today’s India
- Bi-party system in India
- NOTA- a vote wasted
- Parliamentary rule vs Presidential rule
- Parliament ticket to ministers with criminal records- biggest irony
- Bureaucrats and politics
- Politics- a necessary evil
Economic Topics for GD
- Indian IT industry is a significant boon for the US economy
- Unemployment allowance- advantages and disadvantages
- GST- successful or unsuccessful
- Illiteracy- root cause for poverty in India
- Privatization of public sectors
- Cryptocurrency- relevance in future
- E-commerce- the reality of all the discounts offered by various online shopping sights
- Online shopping- a threat to small and local business
- Mission Mars- wastage of a huge capital
- Economic reforms required to transform India
- India- the next financial giant
- Job or Entrepreneurship- the better option
Abstract Group Discussion Topics
- Justice delayed is justice denied
- Dictatorship in India- the harsh future
- Do deadlines kill creativeness?
- Blood is thicker than
- Borderless world- a reality?
- Change- the only constant
- Clever work vs Hard work
- It is intelligent to be a little dumb
- Rich is synonymous with success
- Selfie mania- a severe syndrome
- Ignorance is bliss
- Beauty contests- setting demanding beauty standards
- Is there always a second chance?
- Modernization- an end to the world
- Insanity is an essential gd topic
- Unconditional love- a myth?
How To Prepare for Non-Technical Topics for Group Discussions?
- The best and most effective way to break the ice is by having a short session where everyone introduces themselves.
- To stay a step ahead of others, you have to be aware of the current affairs around Reading newspapers should be included in the daily routine.
- Intense eye contact is a symbol of confidence. When you speak in a group discussion, make sure to maintain eye contact with the other speakers- it will bring forward your spirit and help you put on your point with firmness.
- Take the initiative to start the group discussion. It is an indication of the leadership quality you Make a start on a positive note and give a brief overview of the topic.
- Be loud and Do not repeat the same points over and over again. Be clear with what you want to speak. Do not beat about the bush and arrive straight at the topic.
- Do not speak about things that are not in alignment with the topic to buy
- Give others a chance to speak. Make a note of the points others say and, if possible, elaborate those points in your Be a good listener and add to the facts.
- Using examples is always a better option to explain the given topic rather than going into
- It is always a great option if you are the one to conclude the group discussion. Please consider all the points spoken by your fellow speakers, merge them with your issues, and end the session with
- Although first impressions are not always the last impressions, they do considerably affect the Take care of your grooming. Wear ironed clothes and have a polished look. A shabby and dirty look will add a negative aspect to your presentation.
- Last but not least, be confident with what you are speaking and nail your group
FAQ’s on Group Discussion Topics 2020 – 2021
Is the MBA essential to survive in the business world?
Having an MBA degree is always an added advantage. Compared to a bachelor’s degree holder, a person with an MBA degree is more successful. It broadens the career aspects and boosts your chance of survival in the business world. However, many people have been no less successful without an MBA degree. Ultimately, what matters is your determination to reach the pinnacle of success. Degrees will merely open doors for you. Whether you want to enter through the door is entirely up to you to decide.
Sport is an essential aspect during the growing years of a child.
” All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.” is a common saying and very relevant in today’s world of the rat race. I completely agree with the statement. With the pressure of studying increasing day by day, a child is presented with failure and success from a very young age. They tend to lose their innocence. The best place to learn all life lessons is the sports field. When a child plays a game, they know qualities like endurance. It increases the fitness level of a child and boosts their thinking capabilities. In other words, sports play a significant role in building the character of a child.
The government should take measures to stop the brain drain.
In India, the brain drains a significant cause of concern. The concerned authorities should address the causes first to stop this. One of the grounds is the lack of opportunities and interference of political leaders at every single step. The recruiting agencies should give all the skilled people the proper importance to stop them from migrating to other countries and help India from growing from a developing to a developed country.
Elaborate your views on the relevance of the topic ” Rules are meant to be broken ” in current circumstances.
In the present scenario, with the COVID rapidly clawing its way into our society, the statement fails to hold any ground. If we stop abiding by the rules, we will only make the situation worse and difficult to survive. Wearing masks and maintaining a social distance should be our top priority. Maintaining proper hygiene and taking sanitization measures should be elaborated. We must follow the rules unless we want to invite our doom’s day.
What are your views on the effect of the cinema on the youth?
The youth constitute a significant population of our country. The future of our country is hanging on the young generation. However, few films negatively impact the young minds, and the youth is swayed away. The kind of violence shown in the movies is not a good thing for the young audience. At the same time, some film positively influences them. Every coin has two sides. Similarly, the effect of cinema on the youth is two-fold.
What is the need for good leaders in India?
India is potentially the next superpower. To make this possibility a reality, India is in dire need of good leaders who will lead her into becoming a superpower to whom all other countries will look up. For becoming an economic giant, she needs the guidance of educated and selfless leaders who will put her before themselves. With the help of good leaders, India will undoubtedly be the next big thing in no time.