A notice is a formal means of communication. The purpose of a notice is to announce or display information to a particular group of people. Notices are generally meant to be put up on specific display boards, whether in schools or in public places. Notices issued by the government appear in newspapers.
A Notice gives the reader some information regarding an important event that is about to happen or that has happened. It is usually displayed publicly. It is a formal piece of writing and involves a specific style.
Basic English Grammar rules can be tricky. In this article, we’ll get you started with the basics of sentence structure, punctuation, parts of speech, and more.
We also providing Extra Questions for Class 11 English Chapter wise.
Notice Writing Class 11 Format, Examples, Topics, Exercises PDF
The purpose of a notice is to give information to those who belong to an institution/organisation. A notice is displayed at a prominent place, usually on a noticeboard where everyone can see it. As with all compositions, you have to take care of the following:
A notice should contain all the items shown in the format given below. The signature may Be put in the right corner too. The date is sometimes put at the bottom of the page, in the left corner.
You can see in the format given below that the content is put in two paragraphs. In the first paragraph, give all the information about the activity/event. In the second paragraph, write what the readers of the notice are expected to do.
The language of the notice should be simple, clear, and formal.
All notices should have a box around them.
Notice Writing Sample Examples for Class 11 CBSE
You are Aradhana/Anurag, Head Boy/Head Girl of Zion Senior Sec. School, Paharganj, New Delhi. Your school is organizing a day-long programme on Gandhi Jayanti. Draft a notice in not more than 50 words for your school noticeboard inviting names of the students who wish to participate.
Your school is organizing a fete to collect funds for charity. Only school students are eligible to put up stalls. As Head Boy/Head Girl of the Meera International School, complete the following notice in not more than 50 words to be put up to announce the sale of stalls giving all other necessary details.
Meera International School, New Delhi
11 April 20xx
(a) ……………………….. (b) ……………………….. in the school grounds from 10 am, to 5 pm. (c) ……………………….. The students (d) ……………………….. by 17 April. (e) ………………………..
(a) Please join and come forward as
(b) we are organizing a fete on 4 May 20XX.
(c) The funds collected would be donated in charity
(d) who are interested in putting up a stall should give their names
(e) For more information contact the undersigned
- are requested to book their stalls with the undersigned
- Please come forward to support this noble cause.
- Annual Fete
- The school is organizing a fete on 4 May 20xx.
- The funds collected will be used for charity.
Notice Writing Practice Examples for Class 11 CBSE
1. You are Sonal, the Secretary of the English Club of your school. You plan to organise an educational tour to Goa during the summer vacation. Prepare matters for the school noticeboard in about 50 words, mentioning the schedule of the tour, expenses to be incurred, a permission letter from the parents and last date for giving names, etc.
2. You are Rakesh/Raveena, Head Boy/Head Girl of Oasis Public School, Bareilly. Draft a notice in not more than 50 words for the school noticeboard, asking the students to give their names to take part in the Inter – class Swimming Competition.
3. Your school has organised a five – day trekking, mountain climbing, and rappelling camp at Rishikesh for the students of Classes XI and XII during the Dussehra vacations. As the President of the Adventure Club, draft a notice to be put up on the Students’ Noticeboard, telling the students about the trip and inviting them to join it. Do not exceed 50 words.
4. You are Manish Duggal, the President of Vikas Nagar Residents’ Welfare Association. You wish to hold a meeting to protest against the frequent power cuts in your colony. Draft a notice in not more than 50 words. inviting the residents of your colony to the meeting.
5. The Environment Club of your school has organised a Tree Planting Drive in your school. As President of the Club, write a notice in not more than 50 words informing the students about the same and inviting them to join it. You are Shobhit/Shobhita of Indore Public School, Indore.