Order letters are written to assign orders for goods or items They are written in a very well-formatted and specific manner. They are quite common and are written on daily basis. The language of the letter is very formal. You should be very careful to impart complete and accurate information because incomplete information results in delayed deliveries. Moreover, these letters are to be written to the point only. You don’t need to add any extra information.
Basic English Grammar rules can be tricky. In this article, we’ll get you started with the basics of sentence structure, punctuation, parts of speech, and more.
We also providing Extra Questions for Class 11 English Chapter wise.
Latter Of Placing Order Class 11 CBSE Format, Topics, Examples, Samples PDF
Latter Of Placing Order Sample Examples for Class 11 CBSE
You are R. Ashokan, Estate Manager, Fatima Convent School, Nainital. The Principal of the school has asked you to place an order for two Swaraj Suzuki buses. Place the order with Swaraj Automobiles, Kolkata.
1. Look at the following advertisement for sports equipment. As you wish to start a health club and gymnasium, place an order for the equipment you require.
Zeenat Slimming Systems
2. Ghulam Rasool Dar, a 35 – year – old resident of 3, Civil Lines, Srinagar, saw the following advertisement in the newspaper. He is interested in entering some of his poems for the competition. As Ghulam Rasool Dar, write the letter.
Latter Of Placing Order Practice Examples for Class 11 CBSE
3. As office manager, Spring Meadow’s School, Nasik, place an order for stationery including A – 4 size paper, DeskJet ink cartridge, refills (red and blue), chart paper, and boxes of chalk. Write a letter to Khanna Brothers, Stationers, Nasik, giving the details in not more than 150 words regarding the mode of dispatch and the mode of payment in not more than 150 words.
4. You are Prerak Bhatia, Cultural Secretary of Army Public School, Udhampur. You wish to organise a trip for students of classes XI and XII to Rohtang Pass during the summer vacation. Write a letter to the Manager, Youth Hostel, Rohtang Pass, making reservations.
Sample Example Letter
You are Sunil Mohan of Home Store, Crown Mall, Faridabad. You had placed an order with M/s Jain Woollen Mills, Amritsar for the supply of 400 blankets. As the firm has delayed the execution of the order, you no longer wish to stock the blankets. Write a letter canceling the order.
5. You are the Manager of M/s Home Sajja. You have a showroom selling household appliances and furnishings. Lately, you have received complaints from customers that the curtain material purchased from your showroom is of inferior quality. Write a letter to the Director, Kapadia Mills, Surat, cancelling further orders.
6. You are Surakshit Kapoor, Secretary of the Old Boys’ Association of Sherwood College, Shimla. You and your friends wished to celebrate the Centenary Year of your school on 1 January at Grand Hotel, New Delhi. You had booked the venue and placed an order for dinner for the occasion. In wake of the devastation caused by the tsunami, you and your friends decided to cancel the celebration. Write a letter to the Banquet Manager, cancelling the booking.
7. You joined Mittal’s Coaching Classes to prepare for the IIT JEE. However, you found that contrary to the claims, the classes were overcrowded and the tutors were erratic. Write a letter to the Director of the Institute asking for a refund of fees.