Basic English Grammar rules can be tricky. In this article, we’ll get you started with the basics of sentence structure, punctuation, parts of speech, and more.
Jumbled Sentences Exercise With Answers for Class 11 Pdf
Rearrange Jumbled Sentences Practice Examples for Class 11 CBSE
1. Rearrange the following to form meaningful sentences.
The first one has been done as an example.
- feared by/snakes are/in our/worshipped and/many/country
Snakes are worshipped and feared by many in our country.
(a) of the/are venomous/only/300 out/species/2700 known
(b) which is/yellow liquid/water/snake venom/90% of/is a
(c) expelled/poison gland/that is/it is/from the/substance
(d) of thick/are/connective/these glands/made/tissues
(e) used it/in the/to treat/doctors/12th century/leprosy
2. Look at the words and phrases below. Rearrange them to form meaningful sentences. Write the correct sentences in your answer sheet against the correct numbers.
(a) the/is/world/wrestling/oldest sports/in/the/one of
(b) of/Europe/ancient/people/cave/wrestling/have been/drawings/in/found
(c) television/amateur wrestling/very different/the/from/is/professional wrestling/on/seen/the
(d) sport/not/money/amateur wrestlers/do/wrestle/love/for/they/wrestle/for the/of the
(e) the/Olympics/the top goal/nearly/at/every/of/is/to compete/amateur wrestler
3. Rearrange the following to form meaningful sentences.
(a) communications/not matter/were slow/it did/between different/when the/parts of the world
(b) for a/people feel/our times/the need/but in/common language
(c) to the put forward/solutions/problem/have been/various
(d) unconnected with/creation of/the first/an artificial language/was the/any existing language
(e) invention of a/natural/based on/the second solution/synthetic language/was the
(f) governments of the/international language/almost unlikely/to an/world will agree that the/it is
4. Look at the words and phrases below. Rearrange them to form meaningful sentences. Write the correct sentences in your answer sheet against the correct numbers.
(a) synthetic,/world’s scientists/the need/during/severe shortages/or/World War I,/alerted/a number of/the/to/man – made materials/for
(b) headed by/called nylon/thus/first/by 1934,/synthetic fibre,/a/Wallace H. Carothers/research team/the/had developed
(c) surprisingly/turned out,/the development/a/profound effect had/as it/of nylon/on world affairs
(e) sheer nylon hose/in 1939,/women/the Dupont company/marketing/for/began
(f) hit/nylons/sold off/were/a spectacular/immediately/and/the shelves/almost
5. Rearrange the following words and phrases to form meaningful sentences. The first one is done for you as an example.
(a) of its residents/becomes a/it reflect /a house/the personality/home when
(b) has to look/no rules/how our/ there are/as to/home
(c) thing is/inhabiting them/should enjoy/the important/ that we
(d) about/houses are/our lives/personal statements
(e) the confidence/in ourselves/they reflect/we have
(f) we have/will be/the more/individualistic/confidence/the more/ our homes