Diary writing is the writing down of events, transactions and observations in a highly personalized manner. It is wrapped around creative thoughts and is basically the outpouring of what one feels or has experienced with regard to a particular stimulus. A diary can be written on a daily basis or at intervals, depending on the inclination of the writer.
Basic English Grammar rules can be tricky. In this article, we’ll get you started with the basics of sentence structure, punctuation, parts of speech, and more.
We also providing Extra Questions for Class 10 English Chapter wise.
Diary Entry for Class 10 CBSE Format, Topics, Examples, Samples Pdf
Diary writing is used primarily to give students an opportunity to speculate on paper, confident that their ideas, observations, emotions, and writing will be accepted without criticism.
Benefits of Diary Writing
The potential benefits of diary writing are many, including opportunities to:
- sort out experiences, solve problems and consider varying perspectives.
- examine relationships with others and the world.
- reflect on personal values, goals, and ideals.
- summarise ideas, experience and opinions before and after instruction.
Sample Diary Entry
You were very angry with your sister today because she has lent a novel you just bought, Hobbit by your favourite author, Tolkien, to her friend. Write a diary entry describing your feelings.
Diary Entry Solved Examples for Class 10 CBSE
Diagnostic Test – 11
You visited your friend, Arijit, in Kolkata during the October break and enjoyed the Puja festivities with him. You are really excited about it. Complete the diary entry choosing the correct options from the ones given below.
Saturday 10 Sept 20XX
Had a wonderful time!! (a) …………………. in Kolkata. (b) …………………. Saw huge pandals decorated (c) …………………. from an ancient castle to a space station! The pandal in College Square near Arijit’s house was set up beside a lake, (d) ………………… . At night the sparkling % lights were reflected on the water, (e) ………………… . Everyday there were drama, dance, and cultural performances. Food stalls were put up in the pandal. (f) ………………… .
1. with the most elaborate and innovative themes
2. Spent Puja holidays with Arijit and his family
3. There was a strikingly beautiful idol of Goddess Durga
4. Went pandal-hopping in the Metro
5. The whole area had been illuminated for the festival
6. Will invite Arijit to spend Christmas with us in Goa
1. with the most elaborate and innovative themes – (c)
2. Spent Pooja holidays with Arijit and his family – (a)
3. There was a strikingly beautiful idol of Goddess Durga. – (e)
4. Went pandal-hopping in the Metro, – (b)
5. The whole area had been illuminated for the festival – (d)
6. Will invite Arijit to spend Christmas with us in Goa – (f)
Diary Entry Practice Examples for Class 10 CBSE
4.4.1 Have you ever been to the dentist/doctor? How did you feel? Write a diary entry about your . experience in not more than 50 words.
4.4.2 Ritika/Rohan writes in her/his diary.
What wrong have I done to be treated this way?
What is upsetting. Ritika/Rohan? Complete her/his diary entry in 50 words.
4.4.3 You find a wallet lying on the road. It contains a lot of money. What do you do? Write a diary entry in about 50 words.
4.4.4 Nothing seemed to go right today … Complete the diary entry in around 50 words.
4.4.5 Walking home today, you saw a man selling parrots in cages. Tempted to buy one, you decided to stop on your way back and pick up one. You thought you would feed it green chilies and teach it to speak.
But a poem you read about birds flying in the open sky changed your mind. You decided to buy the parrot and set it free.
Write a diary entry in around 50 words about the incident.