Basic English Grammar rules can be tricky. In this article, we’ll get you started with the basics of sentence structure, punctuation, parts of speech, and more.
We also providing Extra Questions for Class 9 English Chapter wise.
Dialogue Writing for Class 9 Format, Examples, Topics, Exercises PDF
Writing a dialogue must follow certain basic rules.
- The language should be simple and depend upon the relationship between the speakers.
- Though dialogue should read like real speech, the dull parts should be taken out.
- A real conversation would be completely boring to read.
- Edit out the filler words and inessential dialogue – that is, the dialogue that doesn’t contribute to the given situation.
Dialogue Writing Sample Dialogue Examples for Class 9 CBSE
Mallika and Mahima are sisters. Mallika, who is diligent, wants her sister, Mahima, to finish her homework because she often leaves it for the last moment and then begs Mallika for help. Write an appropriate dialogue between them that begins:
|Mallika: When are you going to do your homework?
Mahima: I will do it at 4’o clock.
Mallika: Yesterday too you had said you would do it at four but you never got down to it!
Mahima: Yesterday I had something else to do. Anyway, it is none of your business.
Mallika: It is my business because I have to do most of it later on.
Mahima: So what! You are my sister and sisters are supposed to help one another.
Mallika: Yes, I know but when was the last time you helped me?
Mahima: I don’t think it is in good taste to keep an account of such things.
Mallika: Very convenient! You always have an answer for everything.
Dialogue Writing Practice Dialogue Examples for Class 9 CBSE
1. Preeti wants to watch a movie with her friends. She asks her mother for permission. Construct a dialogue between both of them in 100 words.
2. You have Noticed a few suspicious characters in your neighborhood. As a concerned citizen you inform the local police station in-charge about the characters. Write the dialogue you had with the police officer, including reasons why you found the characters suspicious in 100 words.