Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Social Science Civics (Political Science) Chapter 7 Outcomes of Democracy Multiple Choice Questions with Answers. MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 10 Social Science Outcomes of Democracy Multiple Choice Questions with Answers to know their preparation level.
Class 10 Social Science MCQs Chapter 7 Outcomes of Democracy
Question 1. When was democracy introduced in India?
Question 2. Among the following which country tops in inequality of income?
(c) South Africa
Question 3. Among the following regimes which tops the rate of economic growth?
(a) All democratic regimes
(b) All dictatorial regimes
(c) Poor countries under dictatorship
(d) Poor countries under democracy
Question 4. To measure democracies on the basis of expected outcomes, which of the following practices and institutions would one look for?
(a) Regular, free and fair elections
(b) Open public debate on major policies
(c) Citizens’ right to information about the government
(d) All of the above
Question 5. The basic elements of democracy are:
A. Universal Adult Franchise
B. Fraternity and national unity
C. Liberty and equality
D. Dignity and freedom of an individual
(a) A, B & D
(b) A, C & D
(c) B, C & D
(d) A, B, C & D
Question 6. In a democracy, a citizen has the right and means to examine the process of decision¬making. This is known as (a) Dictatorship
Question 7. Consider the following statements. Which of these do not hold true for non-democratic regimes?
(a) These do not have to bother about public opinion.
(b) These take less time at arriving at a decision.
(c) Principle of individual dignity has legal force.
(d) These often suppress internal social differences.
Question 8. The most basic outcome of democracy is:
(a) It provides accountability to citizens.
(b) It addresses socio-economic and political problems.
(c) It produces good government.
(d) It accommodates religious differences.
Question 9. Democratic government is better than non-democratic because
(a) it is a legitimate form of government.
(b) overwhelming support for the idea all over the world.
(c) it leads to a just distribution of goods and opportunities.
(d) it ensures faster economic growth.
Question 10. ‘Equal treatment of women’ is a necessary ingredient of a democratic society. This means that:
(a) women are actually always treated with respect.
(b) it is now easier for women to legally wage struggle for their rights.
(c) most societies across the world are now increasingly women dominated.
(d) women are now treated as equals in the political arena.
Fill in the Blanks
1. Democracy is seen to be good in (i) …………… but not so good in its (ii) …………… .
2. We prefer democracy over dictatorships due to …………… reasons.
3. Democracies are different from each other in terms of the (i) …………… situations, their (ii) …………… achievements and their (iii) …………… .
4. The most basic outcome of democracy is that it produces a government that is …………… to the citizens.
5. Non-democratic governments are …………… in decision-making and implementation.
6. Democracy is based on the idea of …………… .
7. Democratic governments take …………… time to follow procedures before arriving at a decision.
8. Democratic governments …………… a very good record when it comes to sharing information with citizens.
9. Difference in the rate of economic development between less developed countries with dictatorship and less developed countries with democracies is …………… .
10. Democracies are mostly based on …………… equality.
1. (i) principle (ii) practice
2. both moral and prudential
3. (i) social (ii) economic (iii) cultures
6. both deliberation and negotiation
8. do not have
We hope the given MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science Outcomes of Democracy with Answers will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 10 Social Science Political Science (Civics) Chapter 7 Outcomes of Democracy Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.