Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 14 Sources of Energy Multiple Choice Questions with Answers. MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 10 Science Sources of Energy Multiple Choice Questions with Answers to know their preparation level.
Class 10 Science MCQs Chapter 14 Sources of Energy
MCQ on Sources of Energy Class 10 Question 1. Biogas is formed in the
(a) presence of air only
(b) presence of water only
(c) absence of air only
(d) presence of water and absence of air
2. Solar energy can be directly converted to elec-trical energy by which of the following de-vices?
(a) solar cooker
(b) solar heater
(c) solar cell
(d) solar geyser
3. Which of the following is the ultimate source of energy?
(c) Fossil fuels
4. Which of the following gases is the main con-stituent of natural gas?
5. Which element is used in solar cells?
6. Ocean thermal energy is produced due to
(a) pressure difference at different levels in the ocean.
(b) temperature difference at different levels in the ocean.
(c) energy stored by waves in the ocean.
(d) tides rising out of the ocean.
7. A device in which electricity is produced by the process of controlled nuclear fission reaction is called
(a) nuclear chain reaction
(b) hydel power plant
(c) nuclear reactor
(d) thermal power plant
8. One major problem in harnessing nuclear energy is
(a) converting nuclear energy into electrical energy.
(b) sustaining the reaction.
(e) splitting the nuclei.
(d) disposing off spent fuel easily.
9. Spent slurry (Bio-waste after obtaining biogas) is used as
(c) food for livestock
(d) used again for generating biogas
10. A good fuel should possess
(a) high ignition temperature
(b) moderate ignition temperature
(c) high calorific value
(d) both high calorific value and moderate ignition temperature
11. The variety of coal which has the highest car-bon content
12. Unit of calorific value of a substance is
(c) J kg
Fill in the Blanks
1. In the wind energy farms, the wind speed should be higher than ………. to maintain the required speed of
2. The energy produced during controlled ………. reactions is used for generating electricity at nuclear
3. The energy available due to the difference in the temperature of water at the surface of the ocean and at
deeper levels is called ………. .
4. Biogas is produced by the ………. of animal wastes or plant wastes in the presence of water.
5. Biogas is an excellent fuel as it contains 75% ………. along with other gases like ………., ………. and ………. .
1. 15 km/h
2. nuclear fission
3. Ocean thermal energy
4. anaerobic degradation
5. methane, carbon dioxide, hydrogen and hydrogen sulphide
We hope the given MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science Sources of Energy with Answers will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 14 Sources of Energy Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.