Free PDF Download of CBSE Chemistry Multiple Choice Questions for Class 12 with Answers Chapter 12 Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids. Chemistry MCQs for Class 1 Chapter Wise with Answers PDF Download was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 12 Chemistry Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids MCQs Pdf with Answers to know their preparation level.
Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids Class 12 Chemistry MCQs Pdf
1. Correct order of decreasing reactivity of nucleophillic addition in case of HCHO, CH3CHO and CH3COCH3 is
(a) CH3 COH3 > CH3CHO > HCHO
(b) HCHO > CH3CHO > CH3COCH3
(c) CH3COCH3 > HCHO > CH3CHO
(d) CH3CHO > HCHO > CH3COCH3
2. The reagent with which both acetaldehyde and acetone react easily is
(a) Fehling’s reagent
(b) Grignard’s reagent
(c) Schiff’s reagent
(d) Tollen’s reagent
The above chemical reaction represents
(a) Rosenmund’s reaction.
(b) Cannizaro’s reaction.
(c) Kolbe’s reaction,
(d) Etard’s reaction.
4. For distinction between pentan-2-one and pentan-3-one, which reagent can be employed?
5. Which of the following will undergo aldol condensation?
(a) CH2 = CHCHO
(b) CH = CCHO
6. Compound ‘A’ C5H10O forms a phenyl hydrazone and gives a negative Tollen’s reagent test and iodoform test. On reduction with Zn+Hg/HCl, compound A gives n-pentane. The compound ‘A’ is
(a) Primary alcohol
(c) Secondary alcohol
7. Tert Butyl alcohol can be obtained by treating with CH3MgBr followed by hydrolysis
(a) 3-Nitrosalicylic acid
(b) 3, 5-Dinitrosalicylic acid
(c) m-Nitrobenzoic acid
(d) Picric acid
9. The end product (C) in the following reaction sequence is
(a) CH3 — CH2 COONa
(b) CH2 = CH2
(c) CH3 — CH3
(d) CH2 = CH-COOH
10. Benzone acid is weaker than ……… but stronger than ………..
(a) p-toluic acid, o-toluic acid
(b) p-nitrobenzoic acid, p-toluic acid
(c) acetic acid, formic acid
(d) fomic acid, acetic acid
We hope the given Chemistry MCQs for Class 12 with Answers Chapter 12 Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids MCQs Pdf, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.