Free PDF Download of CBSE Chemistry Multiple Choice Questions for Class 12 with Answers Chapter 11 Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers. Chemistry MCQs for Class 12 Chapter Wise with Answers PDF Download was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 12 Chemistry Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers MCQs Pdf with Answers to know their preparation level.
Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers Class 12 Chemistry MCQs Pdf
1. The correct order of boiling point of primary (1°), secondary (2°) and tertiary (3°) alcohols is
(a) 1° > 2° > 3°
(b) 3° > 2° > 1°
(c) 2° > 1° > 3°
(d) 2° > 3° > 1°
The above reaction is known as
(a) Williamson’s reaction.
(b) Hofmann’s synthesis.
(c) Mendies reaction,
(d) Darzen’s reaction.
3. The correct acidic strength order of the following
(a) I > II > III
(b) III > I > II
(c) II > III > I
(d) I > III > II
4. Which compound is predominantly formed when phenol is allowed to react with bromine in aqueous medium?
(a) Picric acid
(c) 2, 4, 6-Tribromophenol
5. Phenols are more acidic than alcohols because
(a) Phenoxide ion is stablised by resonance
(b) Phenols are more soluble in polar solvents
(c) Phenoxide ion does not exhibit resonance
d) Alcohols do not lose H atoms at all
6. The compound B is formed in the sequence of the reaction given below:
The compound B is
(b) Benzoic acid
(c) Salicylic acid
(d) Cinnamic acid
7. Which of the following reagents cannot be used to distinguish between phenol and benzyl alcohol?
(b) Litmus soln
(d) All of these
8. Identify Z in the series
9. 1-propanol and 2-propanol can be best dis¬tinguished by
(a) Oxidation with KMnO4 followed by reaction with Fehling solution.
(b) Oxidation with acidic dichromate followed by reaction with Fehling solution.
(c) Oxidation by heating with copper followed by reaction with Fehling solution.
(d) Oxidation with concentrated H2SO4 followed by reaction with Fehling solution.
In the above sequence Z is
11. The major organic product in the reaction, CH3 — O — CH(CH3)2 + HI → product: is/are
We hope the given Chemistry MCQs for Class 12 with Answers Chapter 11 Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers MCQs Pdf, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.