University of Toronto Acceptance Rate: Since its inception in 1827, the University of Toronto has been Canada’s leading learning institute representing a historical building of around 100 years of age with various discoveries and knowledgeable creations. The University boasts proudly to be one of the top Research-intensive universities across the World, driven mainly for inventing and innovating more. The UToronto was famous earlier as the public research UToronto, Ontario, Canada. It is situated on the grounds surrounding Queen’s park.
The University of Toronto is the global leader in teaching and research and has a significant footprint in Canada and all across the World. University serves some most celebrated architectures and beautiful green space in the Greater Toronto Area, and it also offers a unique environment where people learn and work enthusiastically. The campuses are situated in the World’s most dynamic urban environments and thus adding to its charm.
For more information about U of T, continue your read and get brief details about the acceptance rate of UToronto. Go through the links available here and directly jump into the required information regarding the University of Toronto.
- About UToronto
- U of T Admission Process
- Fee Structure of University of Toronto
- Rankings of the UToronto
- On-campus Accommodations by U of T
- English Proficiency Test Score
- Documents Required for Admission to UToronto
- University of Toronto Acceptance Rate
- Frequently Asked Questions
About University of Toronto
The University of Toronto has three campuses, named Downtown Toronto at St. George, Mississauga in the West, and Scarborough in the East. Toronto is also among the most diverse cities in North America. It has a vibrant surrounding with plenty of sports teams for cultural happenings, festivals, various fairs, and much more to fascinate people.
The UToronto has around 44 libraries and 158 librarians with more than 19.5 million physical book holdings and more than 6.2 million electronic books holding. The University’s library system is the third largest one across North America. With the completion of 192 inception years, the University has become the most renowned and prestigious one available in the World.
The University has acquired the rank of 29th in Q.S. World University 2020 offers a broader range of undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate education programs in Humanities, Engineering, Music, Arts, Social Science, and Commerce. Furthermore, the University also claims to be the best University with a big focus on Research. In terms of research publications, it stands in the second position after Harvard University. The University of Toronto is also famous for the location where Banting and McLeod first discovered Insulin, and the first electronic computer of Canada (UTEC) was installed here.
|% International Students||21.3 %|
|Total International Students||19,187|
|Size of Campus in acres||177|
|UG/PG Course Ratio||1:0.2|
|Endowments Value||CAD 2 billion|
|Yearly Hostel & Meals Expense||INR 7.5 Lakh|
University of Toronto Admission Process
- For applying to the University’s education programs, the candidate must have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.7.
- The procedure for application may vary for the local and the international students.
- The international students who have never studied in this University or any other Ontario institution and are also not staying in Canada can apply using the OUAC 105 application program.
- The University of Toronto charges 220 USD as the application fee.
- The admission process for the university courses starts in the fall season, right before the year of joining. Most of the registrations begin in January and February.
U of T Fee Structure
The below table represents the University of Toronto fees structure. University of Toronto fees for MS in Computer Science is INR 19.8L – 30.7L. If it helps you even like a pin, just check it out:
University of Toronto Fees for Indian Students
|Courses||Duration||1st Year Tuition Fees|
|MS (3 Courses)||15 – 18 Months||INR 19.8L – 30.7L|
|MBA(3 Courses)||13 – 32 Months||INR 22.7L – 64.3L|
|BBA (2 Courses)||4 Years||INR 30.1L – 32.2L|
|BE/Btech(6 Courses)||4 Years||INR 30.1L – 33.5L|
|MIM(2 Courses)||0.8 – 1.3 Years||INR 28.2L – 36.8L|
|MEng(8 Courses)||1 – 2 Years||INR 33.2L – 34.8L|
|MASc(7 Courses)||1.3 – 2 Years||INR 14L – 33.5L|
|Other Courses(3 Courses)||1 – 4 Years||INR 12.2L – 30.1L|
Rankings of the University of Toronto
- 23rd in Universities ranking by ARWU Shanghai Ranking in 2020.
- 25th in World University Ranking by Q.S. 2021.
- 18th in University Ranking by Times Higher Education in 2021.
- 17th in Global Universities by U.S. News and World Report of 2021.
- 7th best Business School in Canada, according to Bloomberg 2020.
- 24th in Accounting and Finance by Q.S. 2021 and 45th in Global M.B.A. by it.
- 24th in P.G. Business and Economics by Times Higher Education in 2021.
- 28th in P.G. Engineering and Technology by Times Higher Education 2021.
- 22nd in Engineering and Technology by Q.S. 2020.
- 23rd in P.G. Computers by Times Higher Education 2021.
On-campus Accommodations by University of Toronto
Available as follows:
- The University of Toronto offers accommodation to the students of U.G. and P.G. in all of its three campuses.
- Each campus of the University has its distinctive residential communities and residential living style.
- St. George campus of the University residents stays in one of the seven colleges in either Student family housing or Chestnut Residence.
- Mississauga campus of University has 1,500+ students staying in residence, and it offers three more housing options as residence halls, townhouses, or apartments.
- The Scarborough campus of the University residents stays at a place with two-minute walking distance from the campus’s academic buildings. The accommodations are available as apartment suites or townhouses.
English Proficiency Test Score Requirement for Admission to UToronto
The University of Toronto accepts applicants who have taken several English language tests. Here is the list of minimum score requirement for various English proficiency test to seek admission to the U of T:
- For IELTS, the minimum accepted score is 6.5.
- For TOEFL, the total accepted score is 100+22 for writing.
- For the Cambridge assessment C1 (advance) and C2 (proficiency) tests, the minimum overall score is 180.
Documents Required for Admission to UToronto
Initially, the candidate has to submit an essay, S.O.P. for admission in Canada, scores of English proficiency test, two sets of letter of recommendation, and CV for applying for any program with the University of Toronto. Apart from these documents, which are considered the preliminary ones for this purpose, the candidate must also submit the transcripts of earlier education in electronic and printed forms.
Acceptance Rate for U of T
As the candidate must be familiar with the admission procedure, requirements, and other details about the University of Toronto, let us now understand the university admissions acceptance rate. In contrast to the other prominent Canadian universities, the UToronto’s acceptance rate is 43%. This is mainly because the University accepts many domestic and international students on all its campuses, making the application process more competitive and more challenging.
Also Check: University of Manchester Acceptance Rate
Conclusion on University of Toronto Acceptance Rate
This article is a brief about the University of Toronto, courses available with it, admission procedure and documents requirement for seeking admission in any of its campuses, and a brief on acceptance rate along with some F.A.Q.s. This is the best article to understand the University’s fundamental essentials, and any candidate can refer to this for making the right decision and understanding the University of Toronto requirements in brief.
FAQ’s On UToronto Acceptance Rate
Which are the most prominent courses that the University campuses offer?
According to the QS2020 World University rankings, some main courses that the U of T offers and are considered the best ones across the World are as follows:
- Public Health
- Automation and Control
How many campuses are there at the University of Toronto? List them.
There are three campuses in the UToronto, which are as follows:
- St. George
How much does it cost for a candidate to study at the University of Toronto?
Studying at the University of Toronto is a bit costlier. The fee for the programs differs based on courses and the campus selected. There are some added charges too that the candidates must pay, like the educational supply fees, incidental expenses, accommodation charges, etc. The average admission fee for any undergraduate course at the UToronto is 45,800 USD to 50,800 USD, and for the postgraduate program, it is around 7,000 USD to 22,640 USD.
Are there any scholarship programs available for seeking admission to the University of Toronto?
If a candidate qualifies for the U of T Acceptance Rate, they can choose from various scholarships in different programs to make their study more affordable. Here is the list of all the scholarship programs that the University offers:
- Future Leaders Admission Scholarship
- Rosalind Murray Bradford Scholarship
- TAIE Excellence Award
- Women’s Association of the Mining Industry of Canada Wood Scholarship
- Patricia and Peter Shannon Wilson Undergraduate Research Prize
- Trendhim Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarship
- U of T Scholars In-course Awards
- International Scholarship (Indian and U.S.A. students are automatically considered for this prestigious scholarship).