Post Graduate Degree can be a great addition to your Educational Qualification and not just help you gain advanced knowledge but also helps in your Skill Development. In addition to the traditional master programmes in Canada, there are plenty of 1 Year and 2 Year PG Diploma Courses available belonging to different streams. If you are willing to join 2 Year PG Diploma Courses in Canada this blog can be of great help and will shed light on the same topic. Learn the basic difference between 1 Year and 2 Year PGDM Courses in Canada, Eligibility Criteria, Documents Required, Top Colleges offering the course, Jobs, Salary earned, etc.
- Why Pursue PG Diploma Courses in Canada?
- Eligibility Criteria for 2 Year PGDM Courses in Canada
- 2 Years PG Diploma Courses in Canada
- Top Colleges Offering 2 Years Diploma Courses in Canada
- Documents required for PG Diploma Courses in Canada
- Jobs after 2 Years PG Diploma in Canada
- Which PG Diploma Course is best in Canada?
- Does PG Diploma have value in Canada?
- What are the Salaries offered to freshers after completing a PG Diploma in Canada?
Difference between 1 Year and 2 Year PG Diploma Courses in Canada
Before learning about 2 Years PG Diploma Courses in Canada firstly let us learn the basic differences between 1 Year and 2 Year PG Diploma Courses in Canada for Graduates. The majority of the countries aim at providing both 1 Year and 2 Year Graduate Diplomas however certain countries in Asia, North America, and Australia offer programs that last over 18 months. Countries in Europe offer courses ranging from 6 months to 12 months. The Primary Difference between 1 year and 2 year PG Diploma Courses is the duration and curriculum.
When it comes to studying PGDM in Canada there are several advantages in comparison to other countries. They are as such
- 2 Year PG Diploma Course in Canada is structured to meet the higher studies standards.
- You will have plenty of opportunities for Internship and Summer Abroad Programs.
- These courses can be great for those with a working experience of 0-2 years.
- The benefit of pursuing the PGDM Courses is that they last for about a maximum of 12-18 months and you can study at lesser costs.
- The choice you make entirely depends on your short-term as well as long-term goals.
Colleges and Universities have their specific requirements for prospective programs when it comes to Eligibility. To give you an overview we have outlined the general requirements to pursue a Post Graduate Diploma Course in Canada and they are along the lines
- Candidates must have finished their Bachelor’s Degree in the field similar to the Post Graduate Diploma Course they are applying for.
- Some Universities might need GMAT or GRE Scores of PG Diploma in Management, GRE Scores for Graduate Diplomas in Science, Engineering or Technology.
- The applicant has to provide language proficiency scores of IELTS, TOFEL, or PTE, etc. along with Letters of Recommendation(LOR) and Statement of Purpose(SOP).
With the advent of Globalization, Various Sectors have expanded and led to growth and development on large scales leaving growing employees too. There are numerous certificate and graduate diploma courses in Canada that you can pursue. Below are the Top 2 Year PG Diploma Courses in Canada that you can look into.
|PG Diploma Courses||Universities/Colleges in Canada|
||Thompson Rivers University|
|Business Administration||Simon Fraser University|
|Clinical Behavioural Sciences||McMaster University|
||University of Winnipeg|
|Media Convergence||St. Clair College of Applied Arts & Media Technology|
|Human Resources Management||Kwantlen Polytechnic University|
|Data Analytics||University of the Fraser Valley|
Check out few more PG Diploma Courses in Detail
Graduate Certificate in Global Business Management: Through this course, you can gain business expertise and develop managerial skills. It helps you develop an appreciation for cultures and global trends. The minimum IELTS Band Score required for this course is 6.5
Advanced Diploma in Architectural Technology: This 2 Year PG Diploma Course in Canada is designed to build your design skills as well as understand constructional science. It requires an IELTS Band Score of 6.5
Post Diploma in Information Technology: This particular course on Information Technology needs a band score of 6.0. By pursuing this PG Diploma in Information Technology you can understand the different applications of Information Technology such as processing, storage, and dissemination of any type and form of data.
Post Diploma in Tourism Management: Growing Tourism Industry needs more skilled professionals and this is where the 2 Year PG Diploma Course on Tourism Management comes in handy. You can understand different international and regional management and tourism laws. The minimum Band Score needed for the course is 6.0
Diploma in Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technician: This Course on electro Mechanical Engineering Technician aids you to install, design, operate, supervise, maintain, and offer to service for electromechanical machines. To get Admission for this course one needs to gain a minimum band score of 6.5
Below is the list of Top Colleges that offer PGDM Courses in Canada. They are in the following fashion
- Centennial College, Ontario
- Humber College, Ontario
- College of New Caledonia, British Columbia
- North Island College, British Columbia
- Fleming College, Ontario
- Lambton College, Ontario
- St. Lawrence College, Ontario
- Fanshawe College, Ontario
The Admission Process for PG Diploma Courses in Canada is highly flexible. Documents needed for getting into Post Graduate Diploma Courses in Canada are as under
- Transcripts of Previous Education
- Letter of Recommendation
- SOP for PG diploma Courses Canada
- Study Permit
- Proof of Finances
2 Years PG Diploma Courses in Canada are highly career-oriented and finding Job after completing the PG Diploma Courses is quite difficult. PGDM Courses in Canada not only prepare you for the jobs within the country but also help you achieve jobs across the global marketplace. Based on the course you have opted for you can get into the related fields and earn handsome salaries. Depending on the job earned by a candidate a fresher can earn a package of 35,000 CAD to 50,000 CAD.
FAQs on 2 Years PGDM Courses in Canada
There are plenty of PGDM Courses in Canada to pursue such as Business Management, Hospitality Management, Science and Technology, Healthcare Management. Of all these most students opt for a Diploma in Business as well as Healthcare Management Course.
Yes, a postgraduate diploma in Canada adds value to your CV and is perfect for those who want to have a qualification that can enhance their career, or those wishing to expand their knowledge without the commitment to research of masters.
After finishing the PGDM Course in Canada freshers can earn a starting package of 35,000 CAD to 50,000 CAD.