1 Year Masters Programs in Canada: Suppose you are wondering whether or not to study post-graduation from any stream in the country of Canada, then this blog will be of great help to you for deciding your future abroad in that country. This blog provides you with all the relevant information about the colleges, the streams, the durations, and even the total cost required to study in Canada.
Studies have revealed that Canada is the highest-ranked 3rd in the field of International Students. Canada arguably is the best country for higher studies. With the development in the education sector over the past few years, Canada has seen a steep rise in students’ number picking for education of 1 year education masters programs in canada.
- Reasons for Studying 1 Year Masters Programs in Canada
- Popular Master’s Programs in Canada
- 1 Year MS in Canada
- Top Universities for 1 Year Masters Programs in Canada
- Requirements for Masters in Canada
- Application Process for Masters in Canada
- How Much Does a Master’s Degree Cost in Canada?
- Canada Work Permit
- Is Canada safe for a student?
- Is Canada better than the US for Masters?
Why Pursue 1 Year Master’s Programs in Canada?
Canada is generally the only country in the world that has seen a sharp hike in the number of students flying to the Government for better education opportunities. It is the country where more than two hundred thousand international students pursue a career. Canada is undoubtedly the best land and the primary center for higher studies all over the globe.
Canada is one of the most well-known countries among all students worldwide. They dream of an education career in Canada right from a very tender age. The education facilities provide world-class service to all its students. It gives what is best for a particular student. It analyses each student and focuses on each one individually.
Given below are a few reasons for studying in Canada:
- International Outlook: More than two hundred nationalities get recognition in Canada’s country by the country’s student body. Canadian society is the most diverse one in the entire world.
- Investment in education: The Government of Canada is different from all other countries of the world. It takes an active interest in the teaching of the students of the country. It invests a lot of wealth in the education sector and provides everyone with equal and top-class facilities.
- Quality of living: The quality of living in Canada’s country is better than any other country in the world. It is very safe for everyone and has all the required facilities.
Also Read: 1 Year Courses in Canada
The Masters, also known as the post-graduate degree in Canada, comes in the criteria of a Master of Arts (MA) a Master of Science (MSc). Master of Fine Arts (MFA), also 1 year engineering Masters of programs in canada (MEng), and Master of Business Administration (MBA) are also available in Canada, just like the United Kingdom.
Master programs in the country of Canada generally last for a period of one or two years. If one goes for internship courses or placements, the time further increases.
The thing that separates Canada’s education system from any other education system of any other country of the world is its education procedure. With traditional lectures and practical observations, there are many types of interactive sessions: projects, excursions, and group work. Thus, it further strengthens the relationship between the students and the teachers. Hence, the teachers get a better insight into a student’s inner self. Therefore, it enables them to provide what is best for a particular student-based o his capabilities.
The academic session of the country of Canada generally starts from September every academic year. Some universities also create a bit earlier for providing more time to new students of the country. Students come back to the university after the Christmas break, which is almost a month-long, and study till the exam period, which starts in April.
Many Canadian institutes of education also offer post-graduate degrees through a system known as a co-operative education system. This modern education system enables students to gain practical experiences in the entire field of their respective streams. It also provides them with placements and salaries. These experiences are precious later in the course of study. Employers associated with this education system motivate other young students to undertake the same stream to achieve success. They also use this as a recruitment tool.
To opt for this system of education, there are some additional requirements. If one has all of them, pursuing a career in this system is not a problem.
The major 1-year MS programs in Canada are as follows:
- MS in Psychological Sciences by Lakehead University.
- MS in Health Sciences by the University of Saskatchewan.
- MS in Biological Science by Ryerson University.
- MS in Biomedical Science and Commercialisation by McMaster University.
- MS in Food Science by the University of British Columbia.
- MS in Data Science and Analytics of Ryerson University.
Canada is home to over two hundred thousand students from all over the world. It offers top-class education to all students without differentiating among the students. It judges students only based on their capabilities. Even the Government of Canada takes an active part in the education of its students. The Government does invest a large sum of money each year only for the betterment of all the students. Hostel facilities and even the food are very hygienic. In a nutshell, education to the students of Canada is never a burden to them. The students enjoy studying, unlike students of most other countries.
Canada is probably the only independent country worldwide that has seen a sharp hike in the number of students flying to the Government for better education opportunities. It is the country where more than two hundred thousand international students pursue a career. Canada is undoubted the best land and the primary center for higher studies all over the globe. The top universities of Canada are as follows:
- Trebas University, Montreal.
- University of Toronto, Toronto.
- University of British Columbia, Ontario.
- McGill University.
- McMaster University.
- University of Alberta, Alberta.
- University of Ottawa, Ottawa.
- University of Calgary, Calgary.
- University of Waterloo, Waterloo.
- Western University.
All this information is verified thoroughly.
List of 1 Year Masters Programs in Canada
The popular programs that are provided in Canada are:
- Master of Management in Finance (MMF).
- MSc in Financial Analytics.
- Master of Global Management.
- MBA in Global Banking and Finance.
- Master of International Business.
- MSc in Financial Analytics: Applied Modelling and Quantitative.
- CEMS Master’s in International Management (CEMS MIM).
- Master of Engineering in Naval Architecture as well as Marine Engineering.
- Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering.
- Master of Engineering Leadership in Sustainable Process Engineering.
- Master of Engineering in Chemical as well as Biological Engineering.
- MS in Hospitality Management.
- MA in Sociology.
- MA in Theological Studies.
- Master in Administration de Justicia.
- Master of Digital Media.
- Master of Museum Studies.
- Master Agribusiness Development.
The essential requirement to pursue a career in higher studies in Canada is to have a minimum GPA of 3 or above or any other equivalent. Depending on the stream and the choice a candidate makes in his studies’ path, the eligibility differs. In many universities, there are also entrance exams. Based on these entrance test, one gets admission to those colleges and universities. GMAT (Graduate Admission Test) or GRE (Graduate Record Examination) are two of the few entrance tests.
If English is not one’s first language, one needs to undertake an English language test such as TOEFL or ILETS, to prove his English communication efficiency. There are similar French requirements when one applies for a bilingual program or a course delivered entirely in the French language.
The application process is a bit similar to that of many countries.
- A completed application form needs to be submitted either offline or online.
- A certified copy of one’s qualifications and transcripts are also required.
- Curriculum vitae also needs to be submitted; proof of English or French proficiency also needs to be submitted depending on the candidate’s choice.
- References and recommendation letters also need to be submitted.
Tuition fees for an international pupil in Canada are quite affordable than those in the UK and America, with most programs fetching between CAD 13,000 and CAD 20,500 (USD 9,966-15,715). Humanities subjects will be at the near lower end of this price scale, with Dentistry, Architecture, and Business nearer the top mark. Domestic Canadian students relatively pay 1 Year Masters Programs in Canada fees at around half the rate paid by international students.
There are distinct funding opportunities for master’s programs in Canada international students in Canada and scholarships offered by individual universities designed to attract talented overseas post-graduates.
Given the rich education facilities, the cost is minimal. Various Canadian universities also provide many scholarships. The Government also takes active participation in this. Students should never let go of a chance of studying in the country of Canada. In a word, it is the best.
The Canadian Government issues work or a student for all studying in the country. To study in Canada, each pupil requires a study permit.
This study permit serves as the student visa and allows the candidates to live in the country and study there without further problems. The license mentioned above is valid for the entire course. One can apply for the Canadian study permit online or through a visa application center at the country’s Canadian Embassy.
Before applying for a study permit, one will need a firm offer letter from a Canadian university (as portrayed by your letter of acceptance on a Master’s program). One must also have no criminal record and be able to demonstrate that one is in good health.
One will also need to supply proof of financial support, such as bank statements and scholarship award letters, to showcase that you can afford your tuition fees, living expenses, and a return ticket to your home country.
FAQ’s on 1 Year Masters Programs In Canada
Absolutely. Canada is one of the authentic countries in the whole world in current times. It has the strictest rules for punishment. It has a zero-tolerance policy for racism. If someone is found guilty or involved in any unlawful acts, life becomes difficult for that person. Moreover, Canada is a peaceful country.
Both the US and Canada are perfect destinations to pursue a master’s degree, although there are few differences in them. Expenses in Canada are 30 – 40% cheaper than in the US, and the cost of living is also less in Canada comparing to the US, but the chances of earning 30-40% are in the US. Getting a PR in the US is a little bit difficult and lengthier compared to Canada. Although the US job market is bigger than the Canadian job market, Canada’s job opportunities are more, and the jobs are secure.
Therefore, we hope that this blog assists you in discovering numerous 1-year master’s programs in Canada. Feel free to be in touch with our experts if you plan to pursue higher education in Canada but are not confident about getting started with the procedure. We will provide you with the best assistance and aid to ensure you study a course at your dream university.